Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just mentioning, chicken swap Sat, 9/16 @ Gilmanor....anyone in area, come meet up. It's an adventurous day 🤣

Having hot tea this morning. Nice switch up -- it used to be my normal for many years. Back then, hot coffee was my afternoon pick up drink. Slow start this morning...after couple days of early out, long work days....but, I've been out for feed/water, just gotta go milk. It's pretty overcast, mid 70s, think I'll go bushhog a few hrs 🤷. Didn't get all done I wanted earlier in week.

You guys in drought don't wanna hear how much grass grows with rain -- that illusive water from the sky stuff. No joke, I'm in shock over my fields.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chicken swap. Wish I could attend. Out of my dozen straight run chicks I have five roosters, four hens, two who refuse to identify and one deceased. The two nonconformists may be hens but they’re awfully big and bossy. I haven’t had chickens regularly so I’m behind the curve on some stuff. More iced coffee today 106 today but maybe t storms this afternoon

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
You guys in drought don't wanna hear how much grass grows with rain -- that illusive water from the sky stuff. No joke, I'm in shock over my fields.
I think I remember. It was back in 18 the last I saw it hear though. It's even hard to do rotational grazing on my wee little place when the grass doesn't grow (for 6 months) after you rotate them off. The bigger pasture had a 9 month break to get enough to turn them back out on.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, yesterday was interesting. We made it to all 4 Dr appts. Fen was Awful in the morning. He could not sit still or be quiet for 2 minutes. I wound up putting pinch collar on. He was no better. I finally broke down and put the ecollar on him. Different dog! (I have never, ever needed an ecollar before, but I never had a knothead like Fen before either 😳 But in his defense, I only had to use the vibrate. In fact the second time he ignored me was outside and the hand controller was turned off but he saw it in my hand😂. Clearly he KNEW what he was supposed to be doing

Anyway he was great the rest of the day…until we went to grocery store, our last stop. He’s just learned to lift his leg, and as the man was in a lot of pain, I had my hands full pushing the basket and was unable to keep a close eye on him. There was a stack of pallets in the back of the store and he proceeded to lift his leg. All I still needed was milk and eggs, but like a good citizen, I flagged down an employee and pointed out what happened and got kicked out.(of course I understand why, and they were right to do so but it was mortifying and upsetting and didn’t do good things for my anxiety) They took my cart away so Randy had to go in and do all the shopping all over again and of course we forgot stuff the second time as he was making multiple phone calls to me out in the ‘burb 😝.
Fenny, Fenny, Fenny…what am I to do with you, you little miscreant ? 😂

Heading to Burns today for pain meds and the forgotten grocery items.
TheMan is crabby and driving too fast.
Makes my prayer life much stronger 🤣
You all have a fantastic day!!

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a damned awful thing to do to you. So Fen peed on a stack of pallets and you’re kicked out without groceries. Even if the pallets had something perishable on them there are protocols (not to mention common sense) that could have easily taken care of that, costing the store nothing and an employee a few minutes. Damn that makes me mad. Hope you have another shopping option.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dang Fen! Zo tried to lift his leg the other day - in an ok to pee place and I said "What are you doing?" and the boy stopped midstream and walked away. I didn't mean to stop him - but heck what a response! He's still peeing with 4 on the floor. That's something that I don't let my dogs do - pee anywhere (and I know you are the same esp with a service dog :) ). I've got some nosework students whose dogs will pee even in the middle of a search -- truly bad form and in competition they kick you out - of course all the dogs after that have to cope with that and not peeon top. Drives me nuts.
GREAT idea with the belly band!!