Coffee anyone ?

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, went to auction. Bought 2 hav-a-hart traps. It began to rain 🤷🥴 so, stopped outside stuff, began bird, rabbit, etc, planning back out, after rain. 👍. Then that rain became a downpour so strong you couldn't hear auctioneer over loudspeakers. You couldn't "see" through the rain....yeah monsoon!👎 Auction proceeded thru and, I finally pd and left during a surprising drizzle. Good thing because downpours again (!!!) -- traffic was moving about 25 in 60 mph zones...flashers going, several pulled off. I'm thinking this storm needs to be in TX!!! 😱

Already saw it was at 2.75" as I came in, still raining after. This has stopped any planned tractor work, probably for a couple days 🥹😵‍💫😖

Another thing...I wanted to stay & just catch prices, especially for an awesome Katahdin ram, I'd guess 275#, colored, tame. Like, I'd have bought him! And I don't have sheep! But wow...I so admired him! Mirrored spotting on reverse side.
View attachment 101388
We went to our local auction (sale barn) last week just to see what it was like. 6:00 every Thursday, and they have different auction areas for different kinds of things like flea market stuff, equipment and I kid you not, candy bars!

So we were watching the animal auction and they were selling different groups of calves. Then a group came in with a really funny looking calf. They were calling it a “black heifer”. And I was thinking it didn’t look like an angus cow. It was weird looking. So the bidding went up to about $85, which is what the other calves were going for, and it sold.

Then the guy who was moving the sold animals out came back in the ring and told the auctioneer kind of quietly “that was a baby water Buffalo”. He said it twice, so I know I heard him right. Man, I sure hope whoever won that bid knows what he got! Black Heifer! :gig

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
images

Coffee, Tea (sorry nothing fancy here just plain tea), Hot Chocolate is all by the coffee pot so brew a cup and enjoy the 65 temp on the patio before it starts to rain. There's also powdered creamer and sugar by the coffee maker while White Chocolate Raspberry liquid creamer in fridge. While your coffee is brewing there's sweets (Apple Cider donuts (factory made), mini cupcakes (store bought), Choc chip cookie (from Papa Johns), a few pieces of chocolate and a GRAB & GO breakfast thingy I made yesterday for FH to take with him to his safety course/class but he wouldn't.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, whole lotta sweet there mother hen! Stop the temptation 🤣 I'd like some bacon. 👍

Thick fog this morning 😵‍💫. Scattereds possible, anytime, all day. We are wet! Hurricane Lee is gonna send heavy surf all week, more rain? No one is sure yet. I hope not - we're already WET.

Considering above, it'll be mostly an inside day 🤔😐

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
images

Coffee, Tea (sorry nothing fancy here just plain tea), Hot Chocolate is all by the coffee pot so brew a cup and enjoy the 65 temp on the patio before it starts to rain. There's also powdered creamer and sugar by the coffee maker while White Chocolate Raspberry liquid creamer in fridge. While your coffee is brewing there's sweets (Apple Cider donuts (factory made), mini cupcakes (store bought), Choc chip cookie (from Papa Johns), a few pieces of chocolate and a GRAB & GO breakfast thingy I made yesterday for FH to take with him to his safety course/class but he wouldn't.
Tis the season for apple cider doughnuts! Yummmmm used to get those at an apple orchard when I was a kid. Of course followed by caramel apples. Drooling for both now 😋

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I just watched a logging truck arrive on the property beside and behind me. All lit up, it’s getting loaded in the dark, by a big spot light. I can see their working area from my back porch now, the trees are down.