Coffee anyone ?

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woke up at 2am. Checked the utility room where I store dog chow, rice and beans. Lots and lots of pantry moths. I used to think Godzilla’s part time nemesis/buddy
Mothra was pretty lame. I take it back.

Attachments

• 6F107BF9-39D8-4FE8-B57F-0F431402F16E.jpeg
    6F107BF9-39D8-4FE8-B57F-0F431402F16E.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 56

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, up too early -- again. But, I had all kinds of things running thru my head with this darn tropical storm event arriving today. You know, down the "list" of put away, lock down, etc. I tried to stop the check offs but, finally just got up. 🤷🙄Wide awake!

I'll go out at daylight and ?? check around, put tractor in a shed, after I've moved some extra bedding to sheds. Goats will be in there a lot 🤣that hate rain thing. But it will be heavy rain.

At this time, they're suggesting arrival about noonish, heavy rains 5-6 today and thru night, into morning and gone early Sat afternoon. A 24 hr event that they expect to leave 3-5" of rain & strong 30-40 mph winds in my area. 😵‍💫. It could be worse 🤐. The coast will be slammed with surf, erosion heavier wind & rain. Glad I'm inland. 0uter Banks, NC already starting. I'm watching news weather now.

Hope y'all have a drier, quieter day 🤣🤞👍

Last edited:

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
images

It's all by the coffee pot so brew a cup then enjoy the patio in the 57 morning air.
FH informed last night that he isn't goin to do the garter toss he hates it and thinks it's stupid so our NEW wedding JUNE 15,2024 timeline (tentatively) is 2pm ceremony; 2:30pm pictures; 3:15pm reception begins with wedding party introductions; 3:30pm TIME TO EAT; 4:30pm cake cutting and serving; 5:15pm load gifts & cards into car/ hand off bouquet to unsuspecting guest; 6:00pm announce reception ending/ begin clean up (tear down deco); 7:30pm everyone leaves/ venue locked. That's the quickest shortest reception most boring reception anyone will have ever attended.
Hope y'all have a drier, quieter day
Nope seeing how I'm in the same boat as you. I also am waiting for daylight so I can go do what I need to do outside before the storm hits this afternoon.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
heavy rains 5-6 today and thru night, into morning and gone early Sat afternoon. A 24 hr event that they expect to leave 3-5" of rain & strong 30-40 mph winds in my area. 😵‍💫.

Hope y'all have a drier, quieter day 🤣🤞👍
I've been wanting a day like that since March. Have storms going through since last night. Earlier the weather said .05" since midnight. Flooding far south of here but they've had several of those days this year.

Getting just enough I'm not going to go cut wood today south of me. They got 1"+ more than here last week and more early this morning. Got a rick cut up and unloaded at the house yesterday and Wed. :) Figured I'd get at least 2 cut up and brought home today. Well.... I'll get it done tomorrow, I guess.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last week, not far from where I've been dumping water with the truck, I stuck a water hose (running of course) in a crack in the ground. Nothing above ground for hours, about a 10'x10' damp spot after 8-10 hours. I forgot to turn it off before bed, remembered on a random wake up. Unnoticeable the next afternoon.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you are getting some wood and all ready for the winter. Sorry about the lack of rain... @Mini Horses is WAY WETTER in the east than we are here. Moderate drought on the drought monitor that comes out every Thursday... worse further north.
Any new bites on work? Wasn't one of the jobs supposed to open up in the fall that was closer to home???
Hope you get some of the rain this time around.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Outside & animals prepped as need be. Hay in barns for later, they're out grazing now. I'm making bread, ran the dishwasher and a load of laundry that I'll put in dryer. 👍

Suppose I'll force myself to work at cleaning up inside. 🤣🥴 maybe scrub out the cabinet under sink 😖 don't wanna get too, too involved or I'll rip out more than I'll have time to put back -- or want to.🤫 Bread is smelling good!