Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
morning all just finishing up cooking breakfast while i nurse baby girl. going to try to get my to do list done. thinking about ways i can garden here thinking buckets or large pots because if its in ground it has to be approved by the hoa board.wondering if it would be worth the cost when we going to be trying to move next winter.
Pots will work just ok. You can get the black nursery pots pretty cheap.
I did pots when we first moved and waited for raised beds. You’ll get stuff, but not a lot. At least that was my experience. Maybe some herbs would be good. You could always move them to the ground once you move if you want. It also helps get that ‘I need to grow stuff’ feeling a little better.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pots will work just ok. You can get the black nursery pots pretty cheap.
I did pots when we first moved and waited for raised beds. You’ll get stuff, but not a lot. At least that was my experience. Maybe some herbs would be good. You could always move them to the ground once you move if you want. It also helps get that ‘I need to grow stuff’ feeling a little better.
For me peas did great in pots.

Also lettuce and chives

Tomatoes can do ok in pots too.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
For me peas did great in pots.

Also lettuce and chives

Tomatoes can do ok in pots too.
Forgive my redundancy. Meyer lemons do well inside in a sunny window. The blossoms smell wonderful. The fruit is tart but sweeter than regular lemons. Takes a year for fruit but worth it. They can be outdoors in pots till a cool down of 40 degrees or less. They can be short lived 7-8 yrs but may be improved cultivars now.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank ya'll yeah I was afraid of that, I have raised beds that are nothing more the giant pots but I think I planted to late for this area. Both the peppers and tomatos i planted struggled to survive I had to water non stop or they would wilt and start browning from heat stress i finally gave up on them. I was thinking if i got some deep pots i might do some potatoes, carrots, beets, then of course cucumbers, squash, tomatoes, peppers and maybe some beans i seen alot of pintrest and other websites were they do fine in pots but i was concerned with the weather we get here that they might not. I miss gardening and my farm animals been trying to stay busy and failing miserably at it lol. there only so much house work i can do and only so much sitting around or walking around that i can do. currently have taken over my counter with mango trees and avocado trees. going to try and grow fruit trees and get them started so when we move i can just plant them lol. So far I have six mango trees started from seeds and two avocado trees one is still small but the other is two feet getting pretty close to three feet tall lol. I need to get some pots for all these trees lol.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. It’s raining, a soft drizzling rain. Radar shows it starting at 2AM and will continue until noon. No sign of the dogs, they must be way back inside the little Quonset hut. LOL We are out of the burn ban. I could go start the burn pile. Was gonna do it in the morning, but when I finally drag myself outside, I might do that today. I slept like a rock until 7:30!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Back to a pleasant 58 get up 78/80 later. Lovely sunshine. A grand day. No rains showing in next ten days:idunno

Nice, hot coffee. Checking calendars, work schedules, checkbook. I've been pretty good. This will be last day of work for the week, bills are pd, and $ left over👍😂 dang...beef up the hay & emergency funds! Makes winter go well.

Now only thing scary is, will my truck still run when DS finishes engine repairs🤔🥴:fl 😖🥰🤣 to be continued! It's a cliffhanger. We're almost there.

Believe I'll finally finish mowing this weekend.🤔maybe....but, it is auction weekend too 😂

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
@SageHill
I loved to watch the little quail too, but since TheMan started feeding all his feral cats, I haven’t seen any ☹️

I gave Fen breakfast after he quietly woke me, and went back to bed. He tends to be VERY vocal and whiney. This morning he came In because he wanted me to play with him. He started tugging then making noise because he knows it will make me get up so he doesn’t wake up Grumpy. Only this morning it came out “awwwww mommom”
At least he’s expanded his vocabulary 😂
Yes. I’m up. Will gladly share your coffee

38 here but snow on the mountain

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so DONE with work. More meetings about the meeting to discover why the valve broke. I don't know how to be clearer than the $&#%@%@ engineering firm that built the plant should all be in jail or SHOT. The valves are NOT designed for the service AND the piping is putting extra stress on valve. SUPRISE! The engineering firm didn't do the stress and strain calculations. And the new "project engineer" is an IDIOT who can't engineer a hole in the ground without hitting piping.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry for you, I cannot imagine dealing with that sort of thing but am having some of the same "tired of the stupidity" with our gen mgr and am about ready to just say to he// with it all. And I am old enough to retire out... but feel so bad for the farmers I work with... leaving them in the lurch... makes you just want to spit nails...
Vent here so you don't get an ulcer....