Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule I have a set of insulated Carhartt, bib pants, jacket...my size šŸ˜ Rarely used. I have 2 sets of insulated "onesies", used way more. Lotsa long johns. I'm prepared! Just not for the wake up cold this morning --- boooo winter, stay away. šŸ¤£ Also some bib ski pants, 2nd hand, never skied but light weight and super warm. Silky, so hay slides right off.

But went out in flannel lined jeans, a cozy lined farm coat, hat/neck thingy and it was fine. Actually pretty ok had I needed to be out longer I sure could have. No ice on waterers. It only got down to/below freeze for a few hrs. Sun is out. It's warming. I'll be outside most of the day. Things to do.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
22 this morning...or so it says. Doesn't feel that cold... but I haven't "been out"... just stuck head outside.
Recording thermometer in the front needs a new battery... stuck at 35 since yesterday... luckily have the one in the back also... and right now it is exposed to air. Was in the portable 1/2 greenhouse against the house so I could make sure it didn't get down below 45 this past spring..... Hope to get that put back together...but see several tears in it now... looking at one on sale for 70% off... end of year I guess... little smaller but might get me through..... Like $70 shipped... and maybe can use some of this frame to reinforce it also.... about the same overall measurements except length... we'll see. going to make a decision.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
I grew up in the Midwest and spent a couple of years in Colorado as a young adult. I never wore much in the way of layers or thermal underwear. Coming to Texas and eventually caring for livestock got me wearing longjohns, glove liners etc. I call it ā€œstealth coldā€ but itā€™s probably just getting older :lol:

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coloradans don't believe in wearing many layers unless you are skiing. Coveralls are for chores when it is 10 or below. And the Carhart jacket goes on sometimes at 30 degrees. Otherwise it's all just hoodie weather.
Feels chilly in Wyoming because the wind, but isn't actually that bad. I would be ok if winter agreed to wait until after Thanksgiving. Got the Christmas tree up though, sure is cozy.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's almost winter - happy dance! :lol: :lol: you all are cursing me. Love winter (here) - Carhart vest over a light jacket, warm fuzzy hat and maybe a scarf if it's really cold (mid-high 30s) you all would be in shirt sleeves. Snow in the mountains (not yet) framed by palm trees. I'm a weather wimp and proud of :lol:. BUT I did grow up in the Midwest and know all too well the below zero temps and blizzards. Earned wimp status!
58-83 today - not winter yet.
50 bales of hay delivered and stacked this morning. Should be good for awhile.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Happy-Thursday-Afternoon_wordsjustforyou_04141119.jpg

I'm so sorry I didn't get on sooner today I was dealing with a headache most of all day today (woke up with it GRRRRR).

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here's something to make all smile- a CONFUSED Azalea bush!!! It bloomed earlier this year and noticed last week it was getting blooms on it. It won't stay like that with this cold weather and frost we are having though.
I am originally from NY so this cold isn't cold enough for me to actually wear a heavy coat just a hoodie

Attachments

• IMG_20231102_171621.jpg
    IMG_20231102_171621.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20231102_171627.jpg
    IMG_20231102_171627.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 59

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
24d137fd15ba4f9ac28b9c5a97ff973d.jpg

There's about 1/3 pot of FRESH, HOT and READY Cafe Bustello and I'm about to go get a 2nd cup so get a mug or glass of Iced Coffee plus there's also tea bags and Hot Cocoa packets for all. FH stopped at our local DG on his way home last night and got me a small bag seeing how he doesn't like it when I don't have coffee (says I'm worse than a witch whose cauldron won't brew :lol:).

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
get a pair of insulated Carhart overalls. They last forever.
Almost forever? I wish they sold iron on knee patches of the same material. I'm wearing through.

Doesn't feel that cold... but I haven't "been out"... just stuck head outside.
Checkers agrees it was cold in VA yesterday. I think this is about as far as he stuck his head out. The other picture we received was just one white paw sticking out.

Checkers.jpeg

I call it ā€œstealth coldā€ but itā€™s probably just getting older
Yep, I think my body agrees with that.

Got the Christmas tree up though
:ep Do you get another one after Thanksgiving or is yours artificial?

Here's something to make all smile- a CONFUSED Azalea bush!!! It bloomed earlier this year and noticed last week it was getting blooms on it. It won't stay like that with this cold weather and frost we are having though.
Uh oh, no flowers in the spring!

Latest posts