Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Back to the house for cup two. ☕ Decided this morning it was time for all the sheep to go through the contraption. And ....most needed a push - I was so calm took a ton of time to give them a chance on their own. Bribed with pellets, and crackers even - they'd get close enough, stretch their necks and take the treat. Inch the treat and they'd give up. So most needed a real push. That worked. Then had them go back through (ok backwards, I wasn't going to twist it around). Got behind them with Obi -- who by the way was sooo calm :D =D -- and ta da they all went through on their own!! Yahoo!! A few more times and it'll be tilt-a-whirl day.
@Ridgetop ha all about getting the photo -- Oh I know that soo well. :lol: As they were going through I semi cursed that I didn't have the phone taking a pic or video, and ya' know, we both know if I had been getting the pic something extraordinary (not of the good kind) would have happened.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well.... I must say, I have a GREAT house.

No heat for over a day now... and the house is still livable.

Our fuel oil heater has issues..... kids fixed all the mechanical things... but I think the stupid computer panel on it tripped, and they haven't figured out how to reset the panel.

And... we swapped out the wood stoves yesterday... so didn't start a fire in the morning so the stove could cool down...

Swapped out the stoves (incase you were not aware... 1. those suckers are heavy, 2. I only have TWO boys home right now, and 3. Our bobcat does NOT fit through our front door)

And.... with the new stove... Our smoke stack is.... 3 inches too short.

As soon as I get a bit more coffee in me... I will go to town and pick up some pipe.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well my day's working down. Farm work going well, errands & feed run done. Weekend weather looks perfect. Painting and fencing work planned.

I have 3 goats who are Olympic class jumpers. Saw spot they like best....so, this morning I put my tractor next to it, close as I could get. Proud of myself as I walked away, thinking it would deter them until I got it moved, tight and raised. As i get almost back to the house (&my coffee) I see the trio check it out. 2 look and walk. I smiled....took a sip....then #3 approaches. She looks, walks, turns, looks again and jumps over & onto the tractor. Then off, in yard😳😖😡. Her name is Pita...yeah always been a pain in the arse since birth ... So, that's her name origin! If she wasn't such a really nice doe, she'd have been sold already. It's still a consideration! 🫤😩

Kinda spoils an otherwise nice day. But I'm working through it. Hopeful.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone! 😊

It's a lovely morning here -- very wet from dew, touch of fog that's almost burned off, no frost 👍. Morning chores done. Hot biscuit & apple butter breakfast. Coffee, I'm done.🤣 Low 70s for a few days.

Painting back porch railings planned for today & tomorrow. Sure be glad for that to be done! It's been a nagging me job for couple months now. 40s are supposed to be lows for a while -- my area norm for now.

Yesterday I got water troughs scrubbed and refilled, almost 400 gal worth. 😳. Two more to do at lower fields, 100 gal ea. But no one grazing there right now. So, no rush.

Right now it's too wet to mow, or paint. Sun on back porch, that'll be dried soon. Until then I'll do some inside things. One project at a time.

Latest posts