Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
6am. Just a little light starting out there & 38*. First coffee finished, so jacket up and go toss hay! Water tubs all filled late day yesterday, knowing I had to leave early for work today -- for a team job. Get that done, back in, dress for work, fill travel mug and head out. 20 mile drive even, & road work area🫤

Have a great day everyone 👍😀 mine will be blah.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope all is well with @peteyfoozer .....
Bless you guys. I’m sorry to have worried anyone. Sometimes I can’t work my phone either from exaustion or wrist pain, but there is always a better day to follow at some point!

Fen has been suffering from boredom and cabin fever lately. I think he is going to have a very long winter, as weather affects my health. Poor little feller.
We did have a conversation about it recently

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning! Very good morning - my favorite time of the year - when the clocks go back to standard time and I don't have to wake up and wait to do barn chores or do them in the dark.
Over the last week we permanently relocated two noisy reptiles 😬 one a few days ago and one last night.
Had a busy weekend gone from before sunup and after sundown - had to judge a scentwork trial (think dogs doing detection work). Long days solidly all on my feet. DH took care of the sheep and dogs.
Got in 50 bales of alfalfa last week - filled a 12x12 box stall with it - but still have room in the middle to get around.
This morning a coyote was next to the pasture fence and got a "surprise" from me that made him hightail it away. GRRR glad he's going, but will be spending more time at the barn today and keeping the sheep in the corral. I'll be glad when Ree (Ms In-Season-Big-Time) stops putting out the call for suitors. New rule at the ranch - no bitches in season at the barn.
Heading back to the barn in a bit.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Got to go to the body shop this morning to get new door handle put on my truck, drivers door. It’s half broken, so I ordered a new one before this one comes off in my hand.
The handle to our front door is like that. I can’t use round handle because of my hands so have a homemade lever handle which now spins both ways before catching and TheMan seems to think that’s fine 🙄

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I’m going after feed this morning, in a neighboring town. I pick up a few bags for my neighbor too. I’ll get my workout this morning unloading 20 bags. I pour the feed in metal trash cans to keep rats out, 3 bags to a can. Usually have a couple left over, don’t have enough cans.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

There's at least 1/2 pot FRESH, HOT and READY wanting to be shared so grab a mug or glass of Iced Coffee. I can also make frothy milk or cream for the top plus there's tea bags and hot cocoa packets waiting to be made I can even scrounge up a marshmallow or two for the tops of hot cocoa. On Sunday FH and I went shopping (4 stores [Tractor Supply, Home Depot, Walmart then Aldi's]) so by the time we got home we didn't do anything but put groceries away. On Monday I broke down family packs of meat into smaller packs for the freezer plus did some FRESH veggies for the freezer. Yesterday I rearranged 2 rooms and waxed the floors, cleaned debris out of road gutter, swept front sidewalk plus did some more fresh veggies but I blame it on the coffee drink I had ($1.98 for 12 Oz bottle and it's got 100mg caffeine and 10G Protein). Now today I have to finish the floors and finish putting rooms together and the last of the veggies (Green Beans).

Latest posts