Coffee anyone ?

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
images

There's still a cup or two of FRESH, HOT and READY coffee if anyone would like some.
Turkey (Thanksgiving) Day is 8 days away!!!! So far the menu goes like this Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, Mac & Cheese (friends boyfriend family making it), Deviled Eggs, Lasagna (FH making that), Brown Sugar Glazed Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies, veggies (not sure what), Candied YAMS and DESSERTS is going to be MINI Dutch Apple Pies, MINI Pumpkin Pies plus a Peanut Butter Pie.
The passing of my Uncle didn't seem real (EVEN THOUGH I KNOW IT WAS FOR REAL!!!!) until yesterday when his obit came out. Is that normal to know something but yet at same time it doesn't seem real then when the truth is presented it's for real?

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
The passing of my Uncle didn't seem real (EVEN THOUGH I KNOW IT WAS FOR REAL!!!!) until yesterday when his obit came out. Is that normal to know something but yet at same time it doesn't seem real then when the truth is presented it's for real?
Condolences on your loss. Shock / feeling unreal is NORMAL! There are a lot of writings about 7 stages of grief you can lookup. Biggest thing to remember is it is not a linear or quick process.

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Up early at 5 as is normal for now. Feed chores, my breakfast & coffee over. Going to work shortly -- no set time today, as last few, so giving myself some slack 🤣 feels better, no rushing. Only a couple hers at each of 3 stores today 👍 short day.

Yesterday, came home, ate, Sat on couch to watch news -- next thing I knew, 3 hrs later, I woke and went to bed! Wow, that was THE best sleep in a week🥴🥰

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee @Mother Hen . Yes, it’s hard sometimes for what’s real to truly sink in, until it knocks you on the head. A funeral makes death more real, it aids the grieving process. Being able to be with family and friends to say goodbye to your loved one is a lot better than suddenly just being gone. Cremation and a memorial service just isn’t the same. I took my beloved BJ to the hospital, fully expecting him to get well and come home. I got him back weeks later in a small wooden box. The funeral home wouldn’t even let me in to see him one last time. It was the height of Covid and all transactions were done in the parking lot, even putting the clipboard of papers on the hood of the truck, the lady backing away, me signing, backing off so she could pick it up, going back a couple of weeks later to pick up his box. Two memorial services in 2 different towns, still weren’t the same as a funeral with the ability to “see” and say goodbye. BJ had a deep primal fear of being put in a hole in the ground and left all alone. He wanted to be cremated and I promised him that I would never leave him alone. His box is on the nightstand with our picture. It’s real.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn’t mean to get morbid, it is what it is and we deal with it.
It’s a sunny day, I slept like a rock and I’m going to go play outside!
Not morbid at all. Still hugs for you.
@Mother Hen - yup it's normal, there will be moments when it hits home harder than others. Hugs.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Personally....

I find that grief and loss of someone you are particularly close to.... is like waves.

Like you are standing still on the beach... you don't move... but the waves and the tide is always moving and changing...

So, some times your feet are dry, and life is normal, like nothing changed... and some times it is just little waves of grief and sadness that keep splashing over your feet... so, you are sad, but carry on just fine... and then... out of the blue... a tsunami shows up, and overwhelms you.

But luckily, even tsunamis receed, and fade away......

: hugs