Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wet but not frozen -- windshield water 🤣it's a plus. Cold@36. But inside I'm at 63 👍😁. Should be sunny most all day...of course, I'm gonna be inside a store working.

Yesterday I finished the jobs a little early and came home with couple hrs of daylight left, warm temps. DS was actually doing some fence work for me!😳👍 Some goats were out, animal control stopped by and so he felt my need -- actually helped me. Whoa, surprise. Thankful for that. Anyway, I went out and ran more hot wire...added some new insulators that screw into top of wooden posts, adding 6" of height. This particular area is where 3-4 jump out. Added a 1/2" white run of the plastic/wired stuff, ran it on fence some 300' to connect with other wire run. Tested....box shows 13.9 and tester lights all 7 lights. Accidentally hit it and that self test set me back!!! 😳🫤 wow. Tossed hay in field, feed in bunker and closed the gate after they raced to it. Checked new section DS replaced on back side, 40' of old down, new goat fence up! Just glad I had all supplies on hand....waiting for the time to use.

Now, work today, prob 10 hr. Home then until Monday job. Should get more hot wire run, weather is looking good. I swear, it never ends 🥴 livestock is a daily adventure. Oh, I have a 6 month doeling who likes to get her head through the 4x4 goat fence. I taped a board to her little horns yesterday! 😡
So far 👍🤫. See y'all later 😂

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses you make me love my sheep even more! I put up Pallet Palaces and ramshalkedy temporary craptastic shelter for them and the worst they do is scratch their back/ribs on it. Destroy it? No. Tap dance on top of it? Never.

It’s nice of your DS to help you with the fence. I hope that winning streak continues. Taping a board to the doeling’s horns is genius. We need a picture of that! LOL

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
images

There's 1/2 pot that I'm willing to share so stop by and have a cup.
1700142723667.png

The Save The Date cards FH and I picked out. Very close to our colors. Now just to get him to agree to the matching invites and RSVP cards.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nicer morning than yesterday to start. 38 and sun is coming through clouds. Smoke smell in the air still and they have closed the schools in the county and the 2 cities just south of here. Fire still in the Nat'l Forest /wilderness area and still considered 0% contained. Because it is wilderness they cannot even use chainsaws for the "sensitive nature"... WTH....
The friends I used to farm sit for called the goats "STICKHEADS" when they had to tape sticks to the horns to prevent them from putting their heads through the woven wire fences... Glad someone loves them because I am like @Baymule ... thankful the sheep are not near as destructive or difficult to contain... The Dall's will put their heads through a few times and their horns will cause them to get stuck... but after a time or 2 they quit doing it... they actually LEARN that it is not smart to do that.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Beautiful weather here this morning. I already went to the gym, so now it is time to actually get ready for the day. Just school, a trip to the barn, and some time with friends tonight. Going to be a fantastic day!
The weather people say a storm is on its way in. Glad we got to experience fall this year. Not sure I will ever be ready for winter, but it's mid November, so I guess it's time.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Because it is wilderness they cannot even use chainsaws for the "sensitive nature"... WTH....
Yeah - such smart people -- no don't take care of the "sensitive" forest, then it burns to the ground - so how about that smart #$$ people. GRRRRR Yeah - we've got the same here and add to that we have "campers" from the south. When weather gets cool/cold there tend to be more "brush fires". Hmmm.
Hope they get control of that fire super soon.