Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Body woke at 5, even thought phone alarms are not set to ring Sundays. Waited for daylight to start my day. Fed cats so chickens didn't get in their food -- then hay to goats. Cold out!! I do NOT like cold. It's our pretty normal winter night temps -- very low 30s. That's warm for some of you guys North of me BUT it's why I live here in warmer climates 🤣 winter can stay away.

I'm thinking the waste from rolls of hay may be worth tolerating to limit these early feed chores. 🥴🥶🤣 But I'd also be giving up that early "eyes on" and that would not be good. Maybe just use Jan/Feb...our worse months. Decisions. 🤷 And I like to "see" the hay -- rolls limit that.

Oh well, on to today....it's warming to low 60s. 👍 Some things to do in prep for Tue/wed rain event. Have jobs mon-wed, so get ready beforehand. We will get 1" maybe, total. Looks like @farmerjan might get more, it's coming across that area for longer. They really need a soaking. Light here is fine.

Better get outside and done.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve got coffee ready! I’ve already been outside and done chores. I saw a doe in the back field when I went out the back door and 2 deer in the clearcut next to me. Maybe next year I’ll plant a deer plot in the back and set up a place to sit . I wouldn’t mind putting some venison in the freezer.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sure do hope we get the rain they are calling for. Saying 1.5 inches of steady soaking rain. I have to go haul water this morning for the cows... troughs were empty last night when I checked and let cow out. Will check them again tomorrow to see how much they drink today. Need to ride down and check the spring this morning too and look at the big concrete trough. I will be very very thankful if we get a good slow soaking rain.

30 this morning, sun out, nice looking day. Slept "hard"... I was tired.
Bacon and eggs on the breakfast menu. Raking some leaves today and tomorrow. And getting the greenhouse shelter frame moved around if possible for putting new cover on next weekend.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sleep in day this morning, made it to 7:40, guess I can survive on five hours of sleep. Was supposed to run today but after running 20 miles Friday morning, and a Turkey Trot yesterday, one of my feet said "no thanks". Cleaned the kitchen and might've fallen trying to take the trash to the dumpster :lol:
Trying to get odds and ends done here, church this morning too. Really just a game of trying to get done ASAP so I can get to my parents house at some point for a few days to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cold....

Kids just can't get the fuel oil stove working...

Spouse has had it with the house as cold as it is, brrrrr... so... I need to actually spend the money... and call a repair man in the morning...

Just, with the temps dipping down, the wood stove, which is only meant to heat half the house...is.... only heating half the house. :idunno go figure! :lol:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
A cold 28 out there this morn at 5 am. 😳

Having hot coffee, watching daylight arrive. Need to bundle up and get chores done.....hay first. Filled all water yesterday, late, so that's all good for a couple days. I'm painting back porch rails, so need it to warm first. Brrrrr I'll finish it today. In fact, opted out of work today to get it finished. I need it done!

Yesterday the week old buckling was out running & jumping around in the world. So cute! He met my 3 month old doeling. Maybe they'll be playmates in a few days.😊 His mom stood bawling for their stall at the end of day -- so I put them in. Thinking another doe should kid soon, Boer. And some of my dairy are huge -- saw kids kicking in there! Gonna be early kidding this winter. Guess that means it'll be colder than normal. That Murphy's Law thing.😖 Crap.

Time to get moving. Enjoy your day everyone😍