Coffee anyone ?

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good mornin and some coffee to all. Not a bad start to the day, minus the 4.30 wake up. Which may have been a good thing. 50 up to 50's today with a wet start from overnight rains. Still raining to the south. Pondering over what time to go to work, currently on my own schedule, just get to it when ya can or get started on cleaning up the house for Thanksgiving. The wife could use a hand and there is several dutch ovens that need rewashed.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mostly sun, 35 to start. Some hazy smoke out there again... heading up to the nurse cow... lots of things to do outside before we get the rain that we SO DESPERATELY NEED.... fire up to 8,000+ acres but getting some contained... rain will be a godsend for the containment... and to help get some ground water.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Big ol trees make big ol leaves…

Attachments

• IMG_6584.jpeg
    IMG_6584.jpeg
    361.7 KB · Views: 63

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kid has now also learned to make pie crust...
A good pie crust is not an easy thing.

One lonely egg in the basket. My May chicks are grown up but the days are short.
Twice I got chicks at the very end of April or early May thinking they would start kicking out eggs about the time the older girls moulted and quit laying, then lay through the winter. Only one ever did. Every chick I've gotten in early June has laid through their first winter but of course they didn't start until most of the older girls had quit for the winter.

21°F this morning. Going to be colder tomorrow but I have to go out and pick up my Thanksgiving turkey at a farm about 4 miles from here.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's a begin rains day, going through tomorrow. Hmmm. Messes up outdoor work. But, got porch rails painted yesterday. There will be some 2nd coat & touch up, after Thanksgiving -- when rains are over. It's grey, cloudy, windy but warmer out now.

Went well yesterday until my bottle baby goat stepped into a fresh gallon of paint 😱 before I could grab her, she had walked down some steps -- paint dripping onto bricks😖. Snatched her up & went to water spigot just a few feet away....glad it was latex paint. She wasn't thrilled with the bath -- me either🥴 but washed it off and she ran on away after the insult. Now my work jacket has a date with the washer. Have to pressure wash the brick foundation so paint will come off steps, might need some wire brushing 🤷 it'll be ok.

With rain, might be some inside time. It'll be off & on today. I'll decide as it happens 🤣

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a mental picture of a paint dripping bottle goat redecorating the steps! And @Mini Horses washing paint off the baby! Hahaha!

Coffee is ready! I turned on the AC last night, it was 76F degrees in the house. Turned it down to 72 and this morning it’s 68F in the house. 47F outside and high of 59F today. Wind blew so hard it woke me up, still blowing. Cloudy but not supposed to rain.

Yesterday I unpacked a couple of boxes, sorted through and kept, threw away, then had to put up the kept stuff. Went through a box of papers and made a burn box.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I turned on the AC last night, it was 76F degrees in the house
While having plenty of wood I've been using the garage wood stove also. Yesterday while barely running it all day, I decided to use it to cook (calf fries) on. I thought the boys would think it was neat. I forgot how long it takes a cook stove to go from cold to boiling a pot of oil.
Dinner was late and they boys didn't seem to care. I guess they're used to it after a normal Thanksgiving may have 3 dutch ovens plus some cast iron inside and out not on the kitchen stove.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
You win (until Alaskan comments ;)) @Bruce for coldest temps.
21 here this morning when I got up. Went to the gym, and then Wally World for some groceries. Hoping to finish putting together some advent calendars that I sell today, and maybe get some laundry done. Going to make some pie for some friends, and hopefully get ready to head to my parents house tomorrow. Living near the closest big grocery stores makes it extra great for my parents when I come visit. Think I've gotten most the groceries we need for Thanksgiving, really not any extra effort for me, and saves my mom 2+ hours of driving.