Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Need to find the food source and get rid of it, get rid of the nest if there is one and they will come back or another one will move in. Cute as rabbits are or other critters, I started packing my freezer after jumping off my backhoe and almost landing on a rattlesnake. Try and spot him in the first picture...
View attachment 105682
View attachment 105683
DAMN - I thought your weather was cool/cold. Meaning those guys aren't out and about yet.
HA - getting rid of their food source - mice, rabbits, lizards :lol: :lol: don't I wish! Around here my rule of thumb is, if lizards are up and out so are the snakes.
Watch your step. Yeah - I know we all do. 👍👍

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate rattlesnakes but skinned out, cut in 2” chunks, rolled in cornmeal and deep fried, not bad. Plus they come with their own toothpicks(rib bones).
I've hear it's good. And believe me - I looked at those bodies and thought awesome belt or hat band. Seriously. And I've cleaned a sh*t ton of small game when I was a kid. Parents did the fun part, I got the work part (but then back then that was a kid's job). But skinning out one of those --- eeeeeewwwww. Nope, can't do it, won't do it. They freaking creep me out. Esp moving hours later. EEEEWWWWW. I can photograph them and I'm fine - but other than that and taking care of things that's as far as I go with those critters.
We do have king snakes (a few different kinds) and gopher snakes -- both of which help, and road runners too.
Too funny you mention toothpicks - I listen to the Mike Rowe (Mr Dirty Jobs) podcast and today he told the story of how toothpicks came to be made in the USA.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG_6072.jpeg

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn't think about this but Texas is about to have a run on fence materials. Buy now before prices are jacked and supply evaporates.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope he's a fast learner and you are still in condition to ride after "training" 🥴😳🫤😔😄
I train slow and need to get in shape just to ride that 20+ miles a day on a good horse. Although I did go out and do some with him that day and today.
Working cows on a green horse oughta be interesting.
I'd just use him for gathering, not sorting or any actual working. Just a good way to put a lot of miles on him. But 1ST he needs to be rideable for any time frame. I do believe he'd try and leave me in the middle of a pasture, miles away from the pens right now. If I was dumb enough to get on him and try.
I didn't think about this but Texas is about to have a run on fence materials. Buy now before prices are jacked and supply evaporates.
Many burn here every couple of years. Replace a fence many, many, many years later. And then only the bottom wire.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
GOOD MORNING and yes it's a very GOOD MORNING seeing how FH is off his medical so back to work he went and hopefully he's there for 8 hours so I can get what I need to get done without being supervised or told that's not how my Mom or Sister does (or did) it.
1/2WAY through the week :celebrate:weee:yesss:
8e2653df07291692b1140dc28e2e44e3.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
On my first cup of coffee. 7:00 and it’s still dark. AARRGGHH! I am a morning person and like to get going early. Phooey on this. Granddaughters and I built a temporary night pen yesterday. This morning we’ll sort sheep and put pregnant ewes in front field. Lambs coming in a couple of weeks!