Coffee anyone ?

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kinda both I think this may work out to give me time to figure it out. That is helpful because the easiest questions get over looked in worry. Thank you!
I feel for you. I left a 20yr job for what I thought was going to be a wonderful job to settle till retirement. Turned out to be a horrible, demoralizing mistake that left me suddenly out of work. Almost 3 months later I landed where I am now & I'm not only loving it (mostly) but am almost back up to the pay I left at the 20yr job.
I know it's hard & scary to be out of work. I hope what you're doing now will quickly get you into a comfort zone so you can enjoy things again.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ooooooo I hate those little buggers!!! I had them bad last year. I tried all the DIY things & finally went to traps.
Gnats are my big ICK though. 🤢 A couple of years ago I had them so bad that I couldn't even use my kitchen to cook. They'd be landing on my ingredients, in my mixing bowl, etc! I tried all the DIY stuff then too & nothing helped. Finally I started pouring boiling water down the sink every night, bagging every bit of trash each time I use the kitchen & watering my plants with 1/4 peroxide to 3/4 water.
Coffee is ready. Woke up to ants on my kitchen counter. I sprayed the back part of the counter and smashed every invader I found. Tossed a loaf of bread outside. Finally having first cup of coffee. Just for giggles and grins, I checked the dog food. Yup, they were getting started so I dragged bags out and sprayed the floor. They are bad enough out in the fields, but not having them in the house!

tjo804

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I feel for you. I left a 20yr job for what I thought was going to be a wonderful job to settle till retirement. Turned out to be a horrible, demoralizing mistake that left me suddenly out of work. Almost 3 months later I landed where I am now & I'm not only loving it (mostly) but am almost back up to the pay I left at the 20yr job.
I know it's hard & scary to be out of work. I hope what you're doing now will quickly get you into a comfort zone so you can enjoy things again.
Thank you for the support. I seem to like change as much as my goats do 😉 I know change is what makes life interesting so I am trying hard to keep that in mind. So thank you for the positive thoughts.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you for the support. I seem to like change as much as my goats do 😉 I know change is what makes life interesting so I am trying hard to keep that in mind. So thank you for the positive thoughts.
I liked change too. I was always hopping on jobs. I get bored easily. I’d learn something, the challenge would be gone, boredom set in and I’d go to the next thing. I did a lot of different things. Most of the time I found another job then gave notice, but just quit a few. I had an upholstery business when my kids were little, I worked out of the garage. I had a furniture store for 7 years. If you don’t like this job, go get another one. Have you ever been a waitress? That can be a good paying job, you get to interact with lots of different people. You can work part time or full time. There are lots of opportunities out there, kinda intimidating but you can do anything you set your mind to.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
More driveway road work today....more rain tonight! Have fence projects on hold, mowing on hold, painting on hold 😳😳 DS, me and tractor dug ditches yesterday...more of that today, rock, dirt, drain culverts....hot and messy. Some things to go pick up when store advises it's ready. Hope that's early, so I don't have to shower & change from the other stuff, not waiting to do. 🥴🤷

Guess I'm still "fit enough" to do -- just a couple sore spots when I stretched my body this morn. Life is good!!! ☺️ May feel different tonight :old :lol:

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Going to be 95°F today with 100°F tomorrow, yep still clinging onto summer. Still haven't found an injection pump for the excavator, they are obsolete not made anymore so we got a 26k lb hunk of iron going to waste till used one pops up for sale.
Looks like it's best when I do find one it's best to sell the excavator for a newer one, sad part is it's only 30 years old.