day old bottle baby now 7 mons old - PICS FOR RTG!!

dwbonfire

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! :D I am curious, to me and yall shes very pretty, but as far as cow 'quality' im just wondering if shes considered a good quality heifer? im not entirely sure what to look for when looking for that, but Id assume confirmation and whatnot. I wont be offended because of course I love her already lol but Im just wondering if shes a heifer someone would keep in thier stock for a breeder or maybe not quite..

She definetly doesnt have any jersey in there, unless it comes from way way way back. This man only has angus, herfords, and simmentals there and they dont all run together, so im not sure if shes full angus or if shes got something else in there. But yes we got the shaggy theme going on here for some reason! lol

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I can see she's still a bit young yet to tell if she's a good breeder or not. That's why I said I'd love to see her when she's a yearling, because around then can you tell if she's worth breeding or not. The other way to tell is to wait until she's old enough to be bred, get her bred and see what kind of calf she raises. For selecting replacement heifers, that's the final piece of the puzzle in determining whether a heifer is a good breeder or not.

dwbonfire

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
as promised to RTG, new pics of cowgirl!!!

3804_dsc03761.jpg

3804_dsc03786.jpg

and here she had followed me all the way down the hill, down around the pond, we turned and went back around, then all the way up the hill to the barn.. she is my big little shadow :love just love her to peices
3804_dsc03724.jpg

she is like my cow-dog.. i have a cat-dog too.. they follow me around like dogs! all my animals here are a little special in thier own ways lol but i just love this cow and she loves me too.

ps.. does she looks like shes about the right size she should be? my dad always swears shes not growing.. i think shes definetly filled out some since previous pictures but its hard to say because i see her everyday and i really dont know what a heifer her age (almost 8 mons) should look like size-wise.. i hope shes on track. otherwise doing great!!

redtailgal

Reaction score
She looks WONDERFUL! lol, her ear tag shrunk!

Thanks for the pics, and tell your dad that she is growing just fine.