ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
My big male llama, Frosty, was 'rehomed' w/ us b/c he killed another male llama at the big llama farm where he came from.
Some just can't get along and the breeder didn't want to lose any more to a 'proven' killer. (He warned me not to get other males / keep them w/ Frosty).

He was very, very matted and his feet needed a trim when we got him home (early Spring). W/ the "killer" reputation, and everything I'd read about llamas hating to have their feet messed with, we decided to have the vet sedate him for a foot trim, and DH and I would do a barrel cut while he was still out.

Easy, peasy, right?

HAHAHAHAHHA

Frosty woke up riiiight after Doc Pearson finished his last foot, w/ his head in a big pile of MALE LLAMA wool (his own, but who cares, he smelled male and went crazy). It's like someone flipped a switch, he went from groggy to MAD in 2.5 seconds. Hopped up and started pacing snarling, slobbering, and 'growling', looking for the male who DARED enter his territory. I imagine he was quite stoned from the sedative.

The germaine part of the story is.....I WAS ON HIS BACK THE WHOLE TIME. When we saw he was waking up, I sort of squatted down thinking I'd "hold" him while we finished his trim. HAHAHAHA.

My dh and the vet sort of ran off away from him when he went crazy so there I am, riding bareback on a mad llama I'd only known for a week.

"Uh..Guys...wanna help me out....GUYS....GUYS, HELP!!!"

I miss old Frosty, we had good times. Maybe I'll do a journal entry about him soon.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
:gig :lol: my goats and all my animals look at my DH and tell, you aren't my boss and I don't have too! The reason I do all the outside animal chores.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Wishing your mother a speedy recovery.

Hoping to hear news soon that Daisy gave you healthy does.

K

MenagerieMama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
My big male llama, Frosty, was 'rehomed' w/ us b/c he killed another male llama at the big llama farm where he came from.
Some just can't get along and the breeder didn't want to lose any more to a 'proven' killer. (He warned me not to get other males / keep them w/ Frosty).

He was very, very matted and his feet needed a trim when we got him home (early Spring). W/ the "killer" reputation, and everything I'd read about llamas hating to have their feet messed with, we decided to have the vet sedate him for a foot trim, and DH and I would do a barrel cut while he was still out.

Easy, peasy, right?

HAHAHAHAHHA

Frosty woke up riiiight after Doc Pearson finished his last foot, w/ his head in a big pile of MALE LLAMA wool (his own, but who cares, he smelled male and went crazy). It's like someone flipped a switch, he went from groggy to MAD in 2.5 seconds. Hopped up and started pacing snarling, slobbering, and 'growling', looking for the male who DARED enter his territory. I imagine he was quite stoned from the sedative.

The germaine part of the story is.....I WAS ON HIS BACK THE WHOLE TIME. When we saw he was waking up, I sort of squatted down thinking I'd "hold" him while we finished his trim. HAHAHAHA.

My dh and the vet sort of ran off away from him when he went crazy so there I am, riding bareback on a mad llama I'd only known for a week.

I miss old Frosty, we had good times. Maybe I'll do a journal entry about him soon.
That is GREAT! :gig

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
MenagerieMama said:
Roll farms said:

Easy, peasy, right?

HAHAHAHAHHA

That is GREAT! :gig
That just .. O.k. guys are you all out to make me want a lama ?? All I see on here is stories and now I just can't help it , I WANT ONE !! :hit If only just a few more acres popped up !!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Mom's surgery went well. The doctor discussed it with me afterwards and showed me pictures. She had 2 polyps in her uterus that had to be removed...in the pictures they reminded me of a hard boiled egg with blood vessels. Doc said that they don't look like any cancerous items that he's ever seen so they should be benign but we'll have to wait for the pathology report to be sure. But it looks pretty good :)

Chickens are all still doing good. Daisy is still holding out on us.

It's a good day so far :D

Gotta call my hay guy tonight to have my hay delivered. The weather is turning and it's now time to get some hay in the barn.

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Glad that your mom is doing well & everything looks benign. :) Can't wait for some kidding news but glad your girl is holding out for you to get home :)