ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Any more news on Daisy? I am hoping that you are offline because you are out in the goat barn hugging Daisy's newborn twin doelings right now.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
No baby goats yet. Though while I was offline there was some excitement...though I'm not a bit happy about it. My time was being spent with emergency medical personnel bringing me out of mild hypothermia.

What happened? is what I know you're asking right now. I'll start by saying right now I HATE mud and I HATE ducks and I don't know which that I hate worse at the moment.

DH asked for my help catching the ducks because they refused to go into the coop and were positioned on the pond (about a 1/4 acre pond). I threw on my boots and coat and grabbed 2 nets and went to the field. It was drizzling rain and cold...around 20*.

When I got to the pond the ducks were right at the edge of the shallower end of the pond. I swung the net for the drake and slipped in the mud, sliding down into the pond up to my chest. What the heck...I was wet so I took a couple more tries for the ducks. I was in the water less that 2 minutes when I decided it was a really bad idea to keep it up. I drug myself out of the pond and trudged to the house...it took about 5 minutes to get to the house as my muscles in my legs began to seize up. I sat on my deck and tried to pull off my boots to find that they were vacuum sealed to my feet by the water. DH had to pry them off of me. Into the house to get out of the freezing wet clothes and straight into a hot shower.

But I made a mistake...I warmed my body too quickly. It sent my internal temperature into a tailspin of ups and downs. I collapsed and DH called 9-1-1. By the time they arrived I was freezing again. They wrapped heating pads around my legs and put heat packs under my armpits and wrapped me in blankets.

My muscles slowly began to relax and my temp started to normalize. I'm still slightly below normal at 98* but no longer are my muscles rock hard and painful and no longer am I shivering. But I feel pretty darn rotten.

If those ducks get eaten by a predator tonight it's their own fault. Still don't know which I hate worse right now...the ducks or the mud.

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh wow! That is not was I was expecting when I saw you were offline. :hugs :hugs :hugs I am so very sorry to hear what happened! At least you are alright, Em! But man! What a tough few weeks you have had! :hugs :hugs :hugs Hugs to you Emily!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Really not sure what else could possibly happen. Didn't see this one coming did you? I sure as heck didn't. :(

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
elevan said:
Really not sure what else could possibly happen. Didn't see this one coming did you? I sure as heck didn't. :(
Oh Emily! I feel so bad for you right now! At least you are okay! Now stay safe Em! And I mean it this time! :hugs :hugs