ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Grrrr... I know how that is lol. I'm kind of sad that I never ended up calling animal control on our little guy from across the street. He ended up getting hit by a car :( Hope to hear some kidding news soon!! Hope you don't have this yucky weather that we do for it.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
A cold, drizzly rain all day today...but stuff needed done.

We got the final breeding pen set up. We now have our 3 breeding pairs of goats separated for the winter. :fl for beautiful Spring babies - PINK.

My back is killing me though and I'm still a little cold...despite a hot shower and hot tea.

DH found Lilly in the hay room (there's no hay there right now though). The pen she's in has a door that goes directly to it...she'd managed to pry the door back enough to squeeze through and was happily cleaning up what little bits of hay she could find.

Speedy and Goldie were put into the new pen. Speedy was very happy with the situation but Goldie decided to scream her head off...she was not happy to be separated from the main herd.

And Maggie was not happy to have the attentions of Ranger :rolleyes: They'll all settle in soon, I'm sure.

Chickens are still all doing great. Though it is sad to see the 7 chicken nuggets cuddled together for warmth without their mama.

Daisy is doing fine. No change in her udder and it usually gets pretty large before she kids.

I decided to check out some Cyber Monday sales and got a Toaster Oven (for me). Not really in a huge mood for shopping yet...the season just hasn't hit me.

Didn't want to make dinner after working most of the day in the rain, so I went out to grab Chinese takeout.

Taking my mom to a surgical center tomorrow first thing. She needs to have minor surgery done though they don't know for sure what they'll do until they get in there. She was just diagnosed with Endometriosis and has a cyst on one of her ovaries.

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Sounds like you got a lot done today. :thumbsup

I have a question for you, Do you put sweaters on your goat kids in the winter time when they are first born?

I have been checking your journal a lot today to see an update on Daisy. :fl My fingers are crossed you get a doeling!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Sunny & the 5 egg layers said:
Sounds like you got a lot done today. :thumbsup

I have a question for you, Do you put sweaters on your goat kids in the winter time when they are first born?

I have been checking your journal a lot today to see an update on Daisy. :fl My fingers are crossed you get a doeling!
I use sweaters if they're needed. I didn't need any for Daisy's kids when she kidded in February during below zero temps. She had a small space and 2 heat lamps. Plus she did a good job cuddling them.

After I sign off tonight you won't hear from me until late afternoon tomorrow at least due to my mom's surgery...unless DH calls me with kidding news then I suppose I could update from my phone :/

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
autumnprairie said:
Sending prayers for tomorrow that all goes well :fl

I am glad that you had a very productive day today.

:pop
Same wishes and prayers sent your way !

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thank you for answering my question, elevan. :thumbsup
I wish you and your mom luck tomorrow and I hope everything goes well with her surgery. :hugs

:pop Come on Daisy! We are all waiting to see your babies!

redtailgal

Reaction score
Your poor momma!

I'm struggling not to give "the lecture", but I know that you know the endo drill. Endo........the word just puts a knot in my tummy (poor choice of words, huh)

Prayers for your mom, tell her that Redtailgal will be thinking of her and praying for her all day tomorrow. Hugs to you both!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
RTG - it amazes me that they just diagnosed her (she's early 50's). She uses the same doctor that I do and he's made himself an expert in Endo for personal reasons. I just love him, he's a great doctor. But he's said time and again that Endo is hereditary. It's funny (not haha) that the daughter in this case got diagnosed way prior to the mother :/

I forgot to tell you guys about Jerry (llama). While we were working this afternoon we left the gate that separates the field from the backyard shut but not latched. Well we turn around and Jerry is in the backyard...which has waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy better grass by the way. So I went into the backyard and tried to coax him back...he was not having it - the grass there was good. Uh uh no way was he going back to that field. So while I went to get the halter and rope DH thought he'd just manhandle him back. Uh, do you remember me telling you that Jerry is not fond of men? Well I come out of the barn to see DH with his arms wrapped around Jerry's neck and Jerry doing his best to try to wrap his front legs around DH's waist!!! Before I could get to them I thought for sure that Jerry would have DH on the ground stomping him to bits. :rolleyes: They managed to overcome their issues and get through the gate before I got there with the halter and rope. Crazy man - crazy llama!

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
elevan said:
I forgot to tell you guys about Jerry (llama). While we were working this afternoon we left the gate that separates the field from the backyard shut but not latched. Well we turn around and Jerry is in the backyard...which has waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy better grass by the way. So I went into the backyard and tried to coax him back...he was not having it - the grass there was good. Uh uh no way was he going back to that field. So while I went to get the halter and rope DH thought he'd just manhandle him back. Uh, do you remember me telling you that Jerry is not fond of men? Well I come out of the barn to see DH with his arms wrapped around Jerry's neck and Jerry doing his best to try to wrap his front legs around DH's waist!!! Before I could get to them I thought for sure that Jerry would have DH on the ground stomping him to bits. :rolleyes: They managed to overcome their issues and get through the gate before I got there with the halter and rope. Crazy man - crazy llama!
:lol: