ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
autumnprairie said:
:hugs sorry about the chickens. I made irish hash one of my favorites (lamb, potatoes, mushrooms , garlic, salt and pepper and rosemary)
your fries sound good too. HAHA 77 don't you know by now not to mess with these women especially RTG. :gig :lol:
Of course I should know better but its like a Bear to honey. Its worth going through all the stings to get it.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
:hit

I'm down another chicken. Frieda, my last Polish. And it's not due to the illness or the crows - it's due to that stupid Morgan mare who decided to stomp her to death this morning!

redtailgal

Reaction score
Wow, Elevan.

You certainly are having a rough time with your hens.

I am sorry. :hugs

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
It's awful to say but I wish I were one less horse. Now I am scared witless about letting Daisy and the twins out this weekend. Those kids are about the same size Frieda was. I may do some rearranging and put Daisy and the twins and a few other girls into the buck's yard to keep them out the big field until they're quite a bit bigger. :/

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
elevan said:
It's awful to say but I wish I were one less horse. Now I am scared witless about letting Daisy and the twins out this weekend. Those kids are about the same size Frieda was. I may do some rearranging and put Daisy and the twins and a few other girls into the buck's yard to keep them out the big field until they're quite a bit bigger. :/
sounds like a good idea or putting said horse in a different pen or tie out
so sorry about Freida :hugs

redtailgal

Reaction score
You are in a bind.

The horse would have to go away. But, I know its just not an option for you.

sigh.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
You are in a bind.

The horse would have to go away. But, I know its just not an option for you.

sigh.
My other option is to buy some electric fencing, posts and build a run in shelter and give the horses their own area. It might be how I go...but that shelter is gonna have to be super cheap and simple.

Latest posts