ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
Sorry about all your chicken losses. That is just terrible.
Thanks Karen. It seems like I'm taking losses from all directions. Makes me feel like quitting sometimes. *sigh*

redtailgal

Reaction score
Nope, sorry, there is no quitting.

NO quitting is allowed in farming.

My mim told me once "God didnt give you a spine so you could be a quitter! USE the spine He gave you, and overcome your obstacles!"

I loved my Mim.

Your going thru a rough spot, hang in there Chic, things always work out. Besides, you've got something lots of poor unfortunate folks dont have..........Backyard Herds!!! :woot :woot :woot

Now, hopefully, your pumped, your pysched, your at least grinning a little.

I gotta go make a lizard salad and a old world lasagna pie.

redtailgal

Reaction score
Its pretty good actually, though I add a ittle goat cheese and vinegar and oil to mine..................:D

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
Its pretty good actually, though I add a ittle goat cheese and vinegar and oil to mine..................:D
Zoom! That one went right over your head. I was referring to eating the lizard! :lol:

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
So it seems that one of last night's missing chickens has returned because I am only one short from what I'm supposed to be. 50 chickens / 7 guinea / 3 ducks safe and sound tonight.

I was walking the field just before dark and was somewhat startled to find that we gained 2 ducks. A lovely Mallard and his lady have taken up residence at the big pond.

Latest posts