Sorry about the loss of your chickens. :hugs

Congratulations on the new ducks! :celebrate

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
elevan said:
redtailgal said:
You are in a bind.

The horse would have to go away. But, I know its just not an option for you.

sigh.
My other option is to buy some electric fencing, posts and build a run in shelter and give the horses their own area. It might be how I go...but that shelter is gonna have to be super cheap and simple.
Yeah, I was gonna say, time for a run. Some of my horses aren't real keen on chickens in their pen. I have lost a few over the years to horses stomping them.

I know there isn't alot of constuction with the recession but scarp wood is usually free.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
So, I think I figured out who the missing chicken is. Ornery as DH calls him. Every day when we let the chickens out he finds this tiny little dip under the buck's fencing and slips under to have that field all to himself. Then at night he puts himself to bed in the buck's barn and we go get him. Upon discussing it this morning DH realized that he wasn't in the buck's barn on Monday and he wasn't there last night when I put the chickens away. I'm gonna have to take a closer look at Fluffer's chicken nuggets to see if Ornery is the missing bird tonight.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Chickens are all doing well this evening (still at 50).

Goats are good. I'm gonna rearrange some so that this weekend I can put Daisy and the twins in a separate pasture away from the horses. I think I'll put Diva in with her and then move Snickers and Lilly into the general population area with our 2 wethers Rocky and Kingston. Yeah, that will work.

Made some more progress on the cookbook today. I'm getting pretty excited about it.

I had some inspiration for a new project, but I'm gonna keep it secret for a while.

I didn't see the mallard couple tonight but then I wasn't really looking for them.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Well. I think I am almost done with the cookbook. I do have some pictures to take. I have some final run throughs to do. But I'm happy with it right now. It's not a large cookbook but it includes plenty of techniques that can lead you from one recipe to many more with a few twists. I'll get it finished and then see how it goes. Maybe there will be a sequel in the future.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I just got a special gift in the mail today...a milk foamer and some high end marsala Chai tea. Now, I can make my favorite...Chai tea lattes. Yum. Chai tea makes me happy :D

It's been raining all day today. What a bummer. The ground can't take any more water. I fear that if we get a storm with strong winds that we'll see trees just completely uproot.

Critters are all sticking to the barns.

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
elevan said:
I just got a special gift in the mail today...a milk foamer and some high end marsala Chai tea. Now, I can make my favorite...Chai tea lattes. Yum. Chai tea makes me happy :D
Thats good ... :hugs

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
B did secret Santa shopping in school today. Problem was when he came home he had someone else's bag. :rolleyes: The bag said "Christopher" on it but because it jingled like he said his bag did he thought it was his. I sent an email to his teacher and hopefully we can get it straightened out tomorrow.

What a mess.

K did his shopping yesterday. The school sent an envelope home that we could put who they were to buy for and what their budget was for each person. There was an option to allow or disallow candy purchases. I put that they weren't allowed to buy candy and filled in their budgets for each family member that they were buying for. K came home with candy. He also was over budget on some people and obviously had to buy worthless stuff for others because of it.

Seriously, they set up tables and each table has a certain price range on it. How hard is it to direct a kindergartner to the appropriate table and tell them that they can buy for each family member there (the budget per person was the same for each family member)?

Plus the gifts were supposed to be sent home wrapped. Were they? Nope. So I had to wrap each and every one of them. So the fact that I saw each of these gifts (with the price tag on them mind you) ticks me off even more. Some of the things that K paid $2 for weren't worth 5 cents! They seriously charged $2 for a piece of 1/4" ribbon cut about 4" long and tied into a bow and glued to a pin (to put on your shirt)!

I thought the program would be a good way for them to do some "secret" shopping (it was great when I was in school). I'm really disappointed. :(

Latest posts