ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I know I'm younger but just throwing something out there.... Have you ever tried having the older one talk to the younger one about this? I've always been more open to my brother than my parents, because, since he's just a few years older than me, he understands things better.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
His older brother does try to talk to him and try to get him to be good. They're both on the same soccer team and B (5 yr old) is letting K (7 yr old) and the team down. Since his trouble making at school, we're not letting him play. They also share a bedroom and all of the toys are locked in the closet. If K wants something he has to ask for it and B isn't allowed to play. K wants his brother to play with him... :/

We've taken all privileges away at home...the school has taken privileges away there and soccer is gone. There's nothing left to take away. He still does chores...he loves doing them...should we take away those too since he loves it? But that puts more on his brother.

We're starting the 3rd month of school and he's been good 3 days in that time.

There are additional circumstances with B dating back to when he was 6 months old that may play a part...but I just don't know that for sure. Maybe a trip to the doctor is in order.

redtailgal

Reaction score
I know your frustrated. I'm frustrated for you.

Your doing right and good. :hugs

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Unfortunately around age 4-6 is when certain "circumstances" tend to express themselves. A friend works in head start and they see a LOT of stuff starting around age 4 in previously well behaved children.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
He was great in preschool.

When he had his kindergarten testing they said he was well above average and should breeze through without difficulty.

Now, that sounds like a bad joke :(

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
No, a puppy is not the answer.

I wish my dad were here. B was grandpa's boy. If anyone could get him to talk about what the problem is, it would be my dad.

Well...that was just a lightbulb moment...maybe he's grieving and acting out as a result. Whenever we go someplace that sells balloons he still insists on buying one to send to heaven to grandpa - and it's been a little over 2 years. We also just lost my grandpa (his old papaw as he called him) a few months ago...so now he asks for 2 balloons.

There are so many variables in this...our lives are so complicated by everything that we've been through.

I wish B were like his brother...I can stare K down and he'll eventually talk. B is stubborn and always has been.

Thank you to everyone who have thrown out suggestions. We'll figure it out and we'll get through it.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Critter update:

Fluffer's chicks are super, duper cute!! I'll try to get some updated pics later for you. I'm letting them run the coop during the day now as the field is just too big and Fluffer seems to lose track of them easily out there.

Skeeter is doing wonderfully :clap

I made the Quack Pack (ducks) made at me this morning. I took out scratch for the chickens and the QP were way out past the pond and didn't notice until the scratch was almost gone. When they saw me, they came running up...but it's a long way for short legs. By the time they got to me there was very little left. And Smokey (the ring leader of the Quack Pack) yelled at me "Quack Quack Quack!"

Jerry (llama) got a handful of scratch too. It helps him bond with me. Big guy eats it right from my hand. I love that llama! So happy that I rescued him...wish I'd taken in his buddies too.

The goats were in a lazy, lovey mood this morning. Lazing about in the morning sun...wanting loving when I went out to release the chickens. Then they moseyed out to the far end of the field to munch on wild rose bushes (good thing I already picked my rose hips).

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
No puppy, how about ten puppies. One of each LGD breed then you'll know about almost all of them, lol. :p
:hide