ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Gonna be a lovely day here in Ohio. Goat hit the hill beyond the pond quite early to start munching on the wild rose. I saw Maggie half way up in the crab apple tree happily munching.

I waited for the Quack Pack to reach me before I tossed scratch today...made for some happy quackers :)

Fluffer and the chicklets are roaming the coop again today. A couple of those chicks are gonna be great at free range...they love to scratch.

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
How's Jerry the llama doing? There are very few updates on him :lol: He's probably jealous of Skeeter :D

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Jerry is doing great. He doesn't do much exciting. Although sometimes he scares the pants off me when he decides to sunbathe and I'll send DH out to check on him, cause I'm afraid he's dead. DH always gets halfway to him and he'll pop up. :lol:

He comes up to me every morning and evening when I toss scratch out for the chickens and gets a handful for himself. I feed him right out of my hand. He's such a big teddy bear.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Yes, he's a teddy bear to me, the goats and the chickens. But if a dog gets near the fence he's on that fence like white on rice.

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
elevan said:
Yes, he's a teddy bear to me, the goats and the chickens. But if a dog gets near the fence he's on that fence like white on rice.
Haha. Have you ever witnessed him in action?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Thankfully on our farm he's never had to deal with a problem inside the fence. And I hope he never will :fl

He's very good at charging the fence when the neighbor dogs are out and at the fence. He peels his ears back and gets a gleam in his eye. He'll pace the fence with the dog and lunge at the fence when he thinks the dog is pushing his luck.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
This morning when I let the chickens out, I had a hard time telling Skeeter and her sister Hershey apart. That is how improved Skeeter is. She's walking normally and running.

T-Bone came up to visit me when I was dealing with filling chicken waterers. He likes to get his cheeks scratched. He sees DH and he wants to play...he see me and he wants to "cuddle". I'm gonna cry like a baby when it comes time to take him in.

redtailgal

Reaction score
uh oh.

Are ya gonna be able to send him in?

Try this.............get some A1 sauce and each day go out and pour some on his head and tell him that he is a good little pot roast................

marlowmanor

Reaction score
redtailgal said:
uh oh.

Are ya gonna be able to send him in?

Try this.............get some A1 sauce and each day go out and pour some on his head and tell him that he is a good little pot roast................
:yuckyuck

I can totally picture that! :gig :lol:

Latest posts