ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'm trying to convince myself that the check scratches and petting is just tenderizing the meat ;) And his breath always smells like olives so I tell him he's marinating himself from the inside for me. But when I say these things to him, he tries to kiss me :rolleyes: He has an agenda...yes, that calf has an agenda. It's gonna be tough to resist him since it'll be around Jan 2012 before we send him in...that gives him a lot of time to work on me and push his agenda.

What is his agenda, do you ask? To make me a vegetarian, of course!!!

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
uh oh.

Are ya gonna be able to send him in?

Try this.............get some A1 sauce and each day go out and pour some on his head and tell him that he is a good little pot roast................
:lol:

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Lesson learned...do not wear red in the field with the calf.

The other day he bucked and romped and charged (playfully) when DH wore a red shirt out. Tonight I threw on a red jacket and got the same reaction.

He's still small relatively speaking so it's cute...but kind of scary. No more red clothes in the field.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
This journal has almost 5,000 more views and only 12 more replies than the next highest read journal. That tells me that there are a lot of peeps reading this that aren't commenting. I'm a curious duck...if you're reading why don't you pop in and say HI! I'd love to meet you :) Especially if you're one of the guests on the forum.

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'm commenting. :D Your Quack Pack sound like my 5 ducks. They free range all day and in the morning when I let them out of their night time pen they quack uncontrollably and follow my every move back and forth between pens until I actually reach the feed can and grab them some crumbles.

We don't have steers on our pasture, but our neighbor always has at least one growing out in the pasture next door. The neighbor welcomes me giving them extra grass clippings from the fence line so instead of running towards red, these guys run towards the site of a weed wacker. :lol: They seriously run across the entire pasture and skid to a stop within 6 inches of me if they hear a small engine sound. :lol:

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
T-Bone LOVES power tools...he doesn't get a treat from them but for some reason if you have a tool and are working in the field that calf is right up your behind.

The ducks are out 24/7 and will only go into the coop when it's really cold at night. I think it royally ticks the chickens off to see those ducks wandering through the field before they can get out :p

It's been raining all morning. So when I let the chickens, guineas and turkeys out they all migrated to the barn. Then I closed the coop back up and let Fluffer and the chicklets have free run of it. I love hearing a mama hen telling her chicks, "look...food...look...food" :D

On a more serious note, one of DH's co-workers could use some thoughts and prayers directed his way. His gf beat the snot out of him and then left him, he promptly went to work and put in a resignation, no one has been able to find him or reach him by phone for over a day now. They fear that he may try to harm himself. Family has called the police and they are out looking for him. Please send your thoughts and prayers to this gentleman in North Central Ohio who has been hurt and lost his way. :fl

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
elevan said:
On a more serious note, one of DH's co-workers could use some thoughts and prayers directed his way. His gf beat the snot out of him and then left him, he promptly went to work and put in a resignation, no one has been able to find him or reach him by phone for over a day now. They fear that he may try to harm himself. Family has called the police and they are out looking for him. Please send your thoughts and prayers to this gentleman in North Central Ohio who has been hurt and lost his way. :fl
:fl :fl :fl My thoughts and prayers to this gentlemen and his family.

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sunny & the 5 egg layers said:
elevan said:
:fl :fl :fl My thoughts and prayers to this gentlemen and his family.
X2 and will pass on to mom the chaplian

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
The police found him! And he went into work to talk to DH to ask for his job back. :bow What a relief!

His mom took the side of the gf - so he felt like he'd just lost his gf and mom and was feeling badly for himself. But he didn't tell his mom the whole story.

DH talked to him and advised him to tell his mom the whole story. And reminded him that he had just gotten a promotion and a raise at work...so life wasn't all bad. This guy still needs thoughts and prayers but thank goodness he's ok.

Now, if only life would be normal around here. The drama in life I could do without.

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
elevan said:
The police found him! And he went into work to talk to DH to ask for his job back. :bow What a relief!

His mom took the side of the gf - so he felt like he'd just lost his gf and mom and was feeling badly for himself. But he didn't tell his mom the whole story.

DH talked to him and advised him to tell his mom the whole story. And reminded him that he had just gotten a promotion and a raise at work...so life wasn't all bad. This guy still needs thoughts and prayers but thank goodness he's ok.

Now, if only life would be normal around here. The drama in life I could do without.
Phew! What a releif! I have been thinking about him a lot tonight! I am happy to hear he was found safe and sound. I hope he gets back on his feet soon! :thumbsup

Latest posts