ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Thanks. I've had a lot of toast days lately. Got an eroded stomach lining (no ulcers, yet). Drs don't know what caused it but I suspect that CFS may play a role...but that's just my opinion, what do I know :/

I wish I could find something other than toast that I can eat. Everything else causes intense pain...I'm having a heart attack type of pain. Kind of feel like a prisoner...toast and water. Crazy thing is that one day I'll feel better and be hungry as a horse in a dry lot and be able to eat fine and then a few days later I'm back to everything but toast bothering me :(

On critter news -

I'm pretty sure that Goldie is back in heat. She's not taking when given a date with a buck, so we're just gonna have to wait until I separate everyone for winter breeding.

DH was upset last night when he closed in the chickens because Susie Q (hamburg) was missing. He looked all over and couldn't find her. When I went out to let everyone out this morning, she came out of the barn to meet me. She's fine. I hope she cuddled to the goats or something to keep warm though...poor girl is going through molt and looks so tiny.

Well...I better get motivated to start calling tire shops :(

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Feeling better. Actually had lunch and still feeling ok. Parmesan Egg Gouda on Ciabatta. Yummy.

Called all over for a tire and finally found someone with one in stock about 45 minutes away. Actually, I bought 2...better to be safe and have an extra ;)

Came home to have to repair the fence. It's super windy today and one of the wooden posts snapped at the base and the whole section was almost on the ground. Good thing it was the fence that separates the backyard and the field.

I finally figured out how I gonna do "housing" accommodations for winter for the goats so that I don't have to build a small structure. I'm gonna put a temporary fence around the old coop. Clean it up. Then put Diva and Kingston in there. That'll allow me to split the doe field...the buck field is already set to split. Once the turkeys are processed I'll be able to clean up their coop as housing for Lilly and Snickers. Then Maggie, Daisy and Ranger will share the buck barn...Elsie, Goldie and Speedy will get the main barn and the doe field (biggest field). There's still a chance that Daisy and Lilly will kid in November which will mean some redesigning of that plan...but it would be a good thing :)

Did you know that today is a holiday? Officially begun in Cleveland, Ohio in 1922...Sweetest Day ...another version of Valentine's Day imo. It was funny at the tire shop when one of the guys got a text from his girlfriend telling him Happy Sweetest Day and the other guys freaked out because they'd forgotten. Apparently it's payday and they all started making plans as to what they would do for their gals when the went home. :lol: I told DH to forget about it...that I didn't want anything. So he didn't do anything...didn't plan anything. Doesn't he know that when a women says don't do anything that she really means that he should do something romantic?? Really - men! :rolleyes: So now he's back peddling and talking about taking me out for dinner tonight. :p

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
So glad you are feeling better.

Never heard of "Sweetest Day". Learn something new everyday.

Maybe my DH did, because when I got home he had the bunnies out (separately) for an hour outside, laundry done, sun tea made, backyard void of all Jake's voids. All he ask for was bake him a cake. So right now, a spice cake is in the oven.

Tell your DH to take you to dinner. You need a little "sweetness" after all the "lifetime" drama you have had recently.

Maybe a little relaxation with DH will help cut down on those "toast" days? :idunno

And smart about ordering the second tire, better safe than sorry. :thumbsup

redtailgal

Reaction score
Ok Your lunch sounded YUMMY!

I am glad you got to eat something and I hope that you keep on feeling better...... :fl

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Well, we got busy and worked through the afternoon and early evening. DH is gonna take me out to dinner tomorrow night...we've made a "date", so we'll definitely go.

What we got done:
Cleaned the coop.
Put solid awnings on the coop windows to keep it warmer.
Put solid awning on the quail coop window.
Finally got around to giving Diva her Lute shot (it's only been a month since the accidental breeding, so we're still good).
Moved some gravel (heavy, manual lifting)
Visited with all the goats individually.

We let Fluffer out of the coop with her chicklets - they will be allowed to come and go as they please now.

We "threw" our EE Roo into the large brooder after he attacked Fluffer and her chicklets. He's been pushing his luck lately (in more ways than one). So maybe I'll be taking in 2 turkeys and a roo for processing. Actually we should probably take the 2 roos that Cinnamon raised in too.

Oh, Sweetest Day is mostly celebrated as a Mid Western holiday.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
Ok Your lunch sounded YUMMY!

I am glad you got to eat something and I hope that you keep on feeling better...... :fl
It was yummy! Starbucks...a favorite of mine...along with a Chai Tea Latte. I can make the sandwich on my own anytime I want though cause I cracked their recipe long ago - easy peasy.

Just had homemade beef-a-roni / poverty stew / goulash (take your pick for a name) for dinner.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Oh well, not in the Midwest so I'll just pretend I had a "Sweetest" Day. Because it actually was sweet for all of us.

Hope you have a refreshing "Date" night. :)

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I love homemade beef a roni, one of my all time favorites. :love I am glad you are feeling better. I love food too much and would have huge hissy fits if all I could eat was toast. :barnie

I too am trying to clean out an old chicken coop area for the goats to have for the winter months.