ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
elevan said:
Is it bad that I'm sitting here listening to thunder and hoping that tonight's soccer rain date gets rained out? :p
:lol: No, parents work hard and should get a few breaks. I know just babysitting is a joy but a pain and can't imagine keeping track of them all day and night. :th

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Now, I have to figure out how to deal with a little boy who was caught stealing at school. Any guesses on which one it was? :rolleyes:

redtailgal

Reaction score
sigh.

I'm sorry.

I was hoping that was straightening out for you and him.

:hugs

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Send him to Redtailgirl - if anyone can straighten him out......... on second thought never mind........... :lol:

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Went out to put the poultry in and found the hen turkey on the roof of their coop with tom frantically trying to figure out how to get up there too. Does this sound familiar? :rolleyes: So I opened up the coop and chased tom in and swatted hen down only to have to chase her around the field before she finally went in.

Then I just had a feeling so I went to the barn and shined my flashlight upward. Yep, there was Susie Q up in the rafters. I can't climb stall walls and carry her down when I'm by myself! So I grabbed the leaf rake and swatted her down and then she took off running for the coop. All the other chickens and guineas were tucked safely in so turn in was easy. Just as I was shutting the door and leaving I heard the Quack Pack coming my way from the pond. The night is chilly and they wanted in the coop. So, I let them in and closed it up.

Being pretty close to all the way dark, I was surprised to have the bucks talking to me tonight. They were still out munching leaves :)

As I'm talking to the bucks I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye. Here comes T-Bone full speed ahead bouncing / bucking my way. He is beginning to remind me of RTG's Plato...a lil snot. Oh, and I thought he was polled but he now has 1 inch horns :rolleyes:

Oh crud...no wonder T was acting stupid. I just realized I'm wearing a red shirt! For some reason the color red makes him want to play!

I'm hungry for cheesecake....thanks to marlowmanor. I don't have a cheesecake or all the fixings to make one. So to hold me until I do...I took a lemon cookie, smeared it with cream cheese and sprinkled it with raw cane sugar. It was pretty good. Not a cheesecake...but it'll have to do for now.

redtailgal

Reaction score
lol, I have mocha fudge brownies in the oven.

SO much for the wieght loss. I wont be able to eat solid food for most of November, soooooo...............

Its 77herfords fault. all that yummy food from the feast......his descriptions .....grrrr

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
lol, I have mocha fudge brownies in the oven.

SO much for the wieght loss. I wont be able to eat solid food for most of November, soooooo...............
funny.gif

Its 77herfords fault. all that yummy food from the feast......his descriptions .....grrrr