pumpkincheesecakeslice.jpg

91.gif

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
At Least 48 Animals Escape Muskingum Co. Exotic Animal Farm
Tuesday October 18, 2011 6:46 PM
UPDATED: Tuesday October 18, 2011 10:42 PM

ZANESVILLE, Ohio - Police said they have shot at least 25 of at least 48 escaped exotic animals on Tuesday night.

Terry Thompson, the owner of the farm, was found dead outside of his home on the animal farm property.

Police said the fences had been left unsecured.

According to police, the animals escaped at about 6 p.m. from an animal farm near Kopchak Road.

Police would not comment on what animals escaped but said the animal farm did have lions, wolves, cheetahs, tigers, giraffes, camels, grizzly bears and black bears.

Its been a bad situation for a long time and the last thing we want to do is to have any of our public hurt, said Muskingum Sheriff Matt Lutz. No young kids should go outside tonight.

According to police, bears and wolves had been shot and killed.

There were multiple sightings of exotic animals along Interstate 70, police said.

Muskingum Sheriff Matt Lutz said resident safety is his primary concern.

We want our citizens to take any and all precautions they can tonight, said Lutz. Our number one priority is nobody gets hurt out of this ordeal. This is a bad situation.

Police said staff from the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium and The Wilds were on scene, hoping to tranquilize the animals and return them to safety.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: From Licking County Sheriff: The Licking County Sheriff's Office: At least 4 calls relative to the sighting of exotic animals that may have been released just inside Muskingum County immediately east of the Licking County Line in Southeastern Licking County. As a precaution, the Licking County Sheriff's Office has activated members of its SWAT team who will be equipped with night vision and the necessary weapons to deal with any encounters with such animals Call the Licking County Sheriff's Office at (740) 670-5555 if you see anything. It should be noted that none of the aforementioned sightings have been confirmed by law enforcement at this time.
That means that they've moved into the neighboring county. Eeeps!! Even closer to me!

It sounds like the owner may have been murdered and the animals LET loose!!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
GEEZ Elevan. How could so many get out?

Hoping they round them up quick. :fl Just Keep vigilant.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
It sounds like the owner may have been murdered and the animals LET loose!!

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
I feel bad for the Giraffes and Camels if they were let out last.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
They've gone ahead and shut down schools for tomorrow because they don't want kids out.

They are fully grown animals. Lions, tigers, cheetahs, black bear, grizzly bear, wolves.

Geesh, I'm not worried about the giraffes and camels...it's those predators that terrify me!!

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
And once again, us humans screw up and the animals suffer.

:(

Don't get me wrong, I don't want any people hurt. But it sucks and hurts my heart when animals who are not at fault (they're doing what they do, esp. when scared and out of their element) are killed due to people's ignorance / negligence.