ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Oh, I LOVE food too. Looking at it, smelling it, talking about it, making it...but most of all EATING IT. Toast days are very frustrating. DH tries so hard to find something else for me to eat on those days and I think he gets as frustrated as me at times.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
elevan said:
Well, we got busy and worked through the afternoon and early evening. DH is gonna take me out to dinner tomorrow night...we've made a "date", so we'll definitely go.

What we got done:
Cleaned the coop.
Put solid awnings on the coop windows to keep it warmer.
Put solid awning on the quail coop window.
Finally got around to giving Diva her Lute shot (it's only been a month since the accidental breeding, so we're still good).
Moved some gravel (heavy, manual lifting)
Visited with all the goats individually.

We let Fluffer out of the coop with her chicklets - they will be allowed to come and go as they please now.

We "threw" our EE Roo into the large brooder after he attacked Fluffer and her chicklets. He's been pushing his luck lately (in more ways than one). So maybe I'll be taking in 2 turkeys and a roo for processing. Actually we should probably take the 2 roos that Cinnamon raised in too.

Oh, Sweetest Day is mostly celebrated as a Mid Western holiday.
127fs4522738.gif

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I lived on rice and toast and crackers for 6 mos. It was miserable. I still can't have onions.

OH, how I miss onions. *sniffle*

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
DH went out to lock the chickens in tonight since it was raining and called me to have me come out...he was missing 2 hens (Cinnamon and Susie Q). I did a quick head check in the coop and found that he was overlooking Cinnamon, but Susie was indeed missing. Well, if you remember she didn't come to the coop the other night and the next morning was seen coming out of the barn. So I took my flashlight and headed for the barn. DH said he already checked low...so I turned my light upward...almost done with my sweep when I saw her - up in the rafters. Ugh! DH had to climb stall walls and reach to grab her and hand her down to me. Silly girl!

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
elevan said:
Oh, I LOVE food too. Looking at it, smelling it, talking about it, making it...but most of all EATING IT. Toast days are very frustrating. DH tries so hard to find something else for me to eat on those days and I think he gets as frustrated as me at times.
Do you like cream of wheat? If so, have you ever tried making a savory version? Farina + garlic + chicken boullion = REALLY good ;)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
elevan said:
Do you like cream of wheat? If so, have you ever tried making a savory version? Farina + garlic + chicken boullion = REALLY good ;)
I do like cream of wheat. I'm not sure that version would appeal to me...but then you never know until you try, right? Thanks for the suggestion :)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
Sounds like you guys have created a new game....hide and seek chicken.
:lol:

You could go back through this journal and find several examples of hide and seek chicken!

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
If I can't find my chickens after a quick sweep they get to spend the night outside. Only ever lost a few that way but my place is probably a bit bigger than yours in buildings.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Is it bad that I'm sitting here listening to thunder and hoping that tonight's soccer rain date gets rained out? :p