ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Domestic abuse is terrible and I think it's so hard on guys because if they defend themselves they are "wife beaters" and if they don't they are looked down on. My thoughts are with him.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
SuburbanFarmChic said:
Domestic abuse is terrible and I think it's so hard on guys because if they defend themselves they are "wife beaters" and if they don't they are looked down on. My thoughts are with him.
X2

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
So very true that men have a harder time reporting domestic abuse. Thank you for keeping him in your thoughts.

It's another rainy day. Hopefully we clear up this evening. It's the boys' last official soccer game (they've got a rain date next week) so they'll get their trophies and Coach (DH) is taking the team for pizza after the game.

redtailgal

Reaction score
Its hard for a man to admit abuse of any kind, and its hard for them to fight back for fear of being labels a wife beater. Women that take advantage of this are slime, imo.

Are you a little bit relieved that soccar is finished for awhile? I was always relieved at the end of baseball seaon, but I felt guilty about feeling relieved, lol.
I had two boys on different teams, and I felt like I LIVED in the baseball field.

Is rainy here too, but is trying to clear up!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Definitely relieved that it's concluding. With it getting dark sooner, I've been worried about getting home to put animals to bed without incident.

B won't be playing again tonight as he got into trouble at school today. Fighting...came home sporting a black eye :rolleyes:

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
My dh's nephew is in jail right now for beating up his 6' tall, 260# ex wife. He's 5'4", 160#.

She literally beat herself up and then called the cops, knowing he'd go to jail. NOW she's sorry and boo hooing b/c she's alone.

Some people are just NUTS. I hear you on being away from drama. I don't talk to 90% of my family b/c they are all drama mamas.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Just saw on the news that there has been a crack found at the nuclear power plant in Oak Habor, Ohio. It's under investigation to find out if the plant is safe...they've shut it down while they check. Ok, I wanna move now.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
What a day!

I'm back to eating nothing but toast (stomach just can't handle anything else)...guess the good thing is that I'm losing weight.

DH blew a tire and now I'm gonna have to go tire shopping while he's a work in the morning. Tire size means I'm gonna pay out the nose.

ANOTHER water pipe burst....got it fixed but the crawl space is a mess.

I looked at the calendar thinking it must be Friday the 13th...nope it's the 14th :rolleyes:

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
elevan said:
What a day!

I'm back to eating nothing but toast (stomach just can't handle anything else)...guess the good thing is that I'm losing weight.

DH blew a tire and now I'm gonna have to go tire shopping while he's a work in the morning. Tire size means I'm gonna pay out the nose.

ANOTHER water pipe burst....got it fixed but the crawl space is a mess.

I looked at the calendar thinking it must be Friday the 13th...nope it's the 14th :rolleyes:
Don't worry Elevan your the best at what you do, all will work out.

Latest posts