ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
:lol:

You have to refer to them as something so others know which animal you're talking about. Some people use numbers...but that's not my style - so food names it is.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'm gonna vent a little here...

Well poo! My youngest boy is still getting into trouble in school. It's only kindergarten for cripes sake! But he won't listen, has been pushing and hitting other kids. He was directed to go to the office the past 2 days during recess and instead snuck outside. So now the principal's called. He has to spend every recess, lunch and special (computer, library, gym) with the principal for the next week. The principal's trying to get him to talk about what's going on with him...I really hope he can get it out of him. They've transferred him from one class to another. The only days he's good is when they have a substitute teacher (backwards I know).

So here I am sitting with him because he can't go to the soccer game...so he's letting his team down too. DH is really upset over the whole thing. I'm at a loss. Here's a kid who asked for a wheelbarrow and pitchfork for his 5th birthday - loves to help muck stalls and clean out the chicken coop - and yet he cannot behave in school.

Animals are soooooooooo much easier to deal with. Give me 100 Basenjis (who are difficult to train due to high intelligence) to deal with and they would be easier than this one small child.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I hope things work out for you. Kids are the dickens sometimes. Doesn't matter if they come from a good home or not, they all can get into trouble.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Now you have no excuse to go buy a bunch of Kiko's for your Goat paradise.

redtailgal

Reaction score
You said something in that post that sorta raise a red flag for me. You said that the only time he behaves well is when there is a substitute teacher. Does he have a problem with the teacher? I know that you said he had been transfered, but did his first teacher humiliate him, hurt him, frighten him anything? Is he angry? Is he bored and the substiture teacher is enough of a change to perk up his interest?

This is obviously NOT a lack of home training, else your other son would be in trouble too.

I'm sorry. I know that you must be angry and sad and frustrated and feeling absolutely helpless/useless right now. It's hard to be mom and not have all the answers. :hugs

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
:/ I just don't know the answer to that RTG. He's refused to explain himself. He was disruptive in the first class and this second teacher is more strict. And in this new class he's started pushing and hitting other kids.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Some random pics:

294558_2173796701999_1159251741_32038828_1347304773_n.jpg

296969_2173798662048_1159251741_32038830_1230887526_n.jpg

298317_2173799382066_1159251741_32038831_1433212980_n.jpg

296538_2173797782026_1159251741_32038829_232353015_n.jpg

310907_2173795941980_1159251741_32038827_540220238_n.jpg

redtailgal

Reaction score
I love the markings on his legs!

*hugs* Be patient and be persistant with him. I know your frustrated, but your doing fine. It sounds to me like you are a pretty good mom.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your son. I think you are a good mom. I have to echo Redtailgal with being persistent. Hopefully the principal can have some influence on him talking about what's really going on. And could be it's really not him but what may have happened to him. The "substitute teacher" thing sticks out with me as well. I wish I had the answer because I would have been right at your doorstep with it yesterday. :hugs

Also agree, neat markings on T-Bone. Also love the ducks. :)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
It's been a heck of a day. I've got a cold...sore throat, cough, headache...ugh! Plus I barely have a voice. So, I'm guessing I'm heading for bronchitis...happens every spring and fall.

On top of that my youngest boy got in BIG trouble at school today. Remember how he's supposed to be spending time in the office with the principal during recess, lunch and specials? Well at lunch time, he said he was going to the office and SNUCK OUT OF THE SCHOOL!!!!!! Some other kids tattled on him and a school social worker went to get him. Jimminy crickets!! He's 5 - in kindergarten and getting in this much trouble!!!! Then he outright lied when his teacher asked him about it. They extended the time that he has to spend with the principal through next Friday.

When I asked him why he was doing these bad things tonight, his response was "because I want to or because I don't want to". So I had a talk with him about life not always being about what we want to do but what we need to do. He's got a 3 day weekend and won't be having any fun during it.

I have to think he's confused with his life. If you read my bio you know that while I call these 2 my boys, they're not really mine. My oldest we'd adopt in a heartbeat if we could cause his biological mother is worthless and his biological father is unknown. He asked to call us Mom and Dad. His brother (my youngest) kind of went along for the ride on what to call us and it's been allowed. They share the same biological mother but his biological father is my brother...who he does see quite frequently. Go back to post #1 and read my bio for more info. So every 3 days we have the boys and then for 3 days my mom has the youngest (the oldest like I said has chosen us to be his parents and doesn't want to be away from us).

I just don't see anything good in the near future if he keeps this up. He's a good kid - smart, likes to help - but not at school. I don't know how much longer the school is gonna put up with it.

Latest posts