ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

redtailgal

Reaction score
EWWWW! Chicken Pox! Poor little guy (poor YOU, too)

Its not rainy here, but there is a COLD wind blowing and my throat no likey.

You still feeling better?'

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Woke up with some pain in my stomach this morning. Haven't eaten yet...and it's after lunch time. Got a stress headache coming on. And DH (who took K to the doctor) just called to say that they've put him out of school until at least 10/31 :(

DH has the day off...so I'm just gonna have him take care of K, the critters and the laundry and I'm gonna stay in bed. I should probably go back to sleep and hope to start the day over :rolleyes:

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Wow! That is a lot of days to have to keep him out of school! I am a state licensed child care provider and we only have to keep them out of daycare for 7 days. He is probably going to drive you crazy and be bouncing off the walls having that long of a "vacation" . Hope you get to feeling better and I am glad you didn't have any run ins with lions or tigers the other day. :hugs

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
He can go back sooner if the blisters scab over sooner...but they wrote the excuse to allow plenty of time if needed. We can call for a new note if he can go back sooner or if he needs out longer.

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh ok that makes more sense, I thought that was the mandatory time. When my kids had chicken pox, they were only down for a day and then the rest of the 7 days they were seriously bouncing off the walls. :rolleyes: Hope he heals up fast.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
There has been NO down time here. He's been bouncing off the walls.

I actually sent him to school yesterday with the rash :hide It looked like an allergic reaction to something...then when it got home it was worse. So I kept him home this morning and called the doc and DH took him in.

I seriously hope he can go back sooner.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Hate to be a "Negative Nate" but did all of you have chicken pox? Because adults who only had it lightly, you can get it again.

Our son got his chicken pox vaccination, and lo and behold DH ended up with a serious case of adult pox (real long name for it). He almost lost his eye sight on the left side because of it.

Just be prepared. Sorry to hear your son has chicken pox. But just because you might have been vacinated for pox or had a light case when young, does not mean you will not get the infection.

Hoping his incarceration goes by fast for you. :)

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I had that adult pox. It wasn't one bit fun.

Sorry you're feeling so bad. Hoping today's a better day for you. Has the other boy had CP yet?