ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

redtailgal

Reaction score
Hey Elevan............remind Mr.B that I still need a new avatar and would love to use one of his awesome pics. I really hope he gets GREEN every day next week so he can choose one for me! Would you remind him?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
Hey Elevan............remind Mr.B that I still need a new avatar and would love to use one of his awesome pics. I really hope he gets GREEN every day next week so he can choose one for me! Would you remind him?
I'll remind him. He started and ended last week green...now just gotta work on the middle of the week :p

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
This whole time change thing really messes me up for a few days. It's only 8:30 but after so much time of it normally being 9:30...that's still the time my body thinks it is. Of course spring is worse when you lose an hour but both ways are a pain.

I had to throw rocks at the barn tonight for a good 5 minutes to chase 6 of the guineas off the roof. 4 of them got trapped in the buck's barn (stupid and couldn't figure out how to get out) and when I got them out they along with the other 2 took to the roof. All the while #7 was in the coop screaming for them. I finally got them off the roof and heading toward the coop but they were terrified to go in...even when I opened the human door (it was dark by then btw). So I went inside and turned on the light and hoped the chickens would all stay put. Finally got the brats inside and did a head count.

I peeked in the nest box that Fluffer and the chicken nuggets have been using and wished for my camera to be with me. It was so cute to see all of those heads peeking out of different spots on her body :lol:

Will be getting up early in the morning to load the turkeys, roosters and male guineas onto the truck and heading to the processor.

Then we'll come home and give Diva (goat) her second dose of Lute.

We need to get another roll of fencing to get a temporary teenager pen built for Diva and Kingston for the winter so that we can divide everyone up. DH only has one day off work this week so that will probably have to wait for next week (building a pen).

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I highly recommend Plucky Poultry Processing if you're in Central Ohio and need some poultry processed. It was very clean, highly professional and I now have some great looking poultry in the freezer :)

Can't wait for Thanksgiving to try our first homegrown turkey!

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So jealous, I wish we had a poultry possessor around here. I would be a meat bird raising fool. :D I hate the mess of doing it ourselves....sigh. Can't wait to hear what your guineas taste like and the turkey too. YUM!

redtailgal

Reaction score
PLEASE tell me he got green today? :fl

I really really need someone to pick my new avatar!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
daisychick said:
So jealous, I wish we had a poultry possessor around here. I would be a meat bird raising fool. :D I hate the mess of doing it ourselves....sigh. Can't wait to hear what your guineas taste like and the turkey too. YUM!
I plan on cooking up some guinea for Sunday supper. So stay tuned...

:D

redtailgal

Reaction score
well dag nabbit!

B...............I'm countin on ya dude! I needs a new avatar so you gotta get green for five days so you can pick a cool one for me.

C'mon! I KNOW you can do this! Dont wait until I am too :old to be able to see my new avatar!

Latest posts