ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
It's funny what people latch on to and comment on. :D You guys must be hungry :p

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Went to visit my Grandma Emily last night and took her the poultry livers. Got lucky to get there before she had decided on dinner so she instructed her aid to make the livers. Then she wounded me by saying that they tasted just like store bought! :p

:lol:

I love visiting my Grandma. But last night I stuck my foot in my mouth with her. I brought up Christmas. What's so bad about that? Well 12/25 is her wedding anniversary...Grandpa died this past May and this year would have been 65 years for them. :( I quickly changed the subject when she started to tear up. I contacted my mom and brother and aunts and told them all that we must make sure that Grandma is not alone on Christmas for very long. And so her family plans to swarm her home on Christmas and we'll fill her day with happy thoughts (I hope).

I've been playing with recipes lately and taking my family for a trip around the world with them. Last night through food we went to Germany, tonight to China, tomorrow to Mexico, Saturday will be Italy and Sunday will be Africa. Not sure what started me on this trip but I thought it would be fun. I'm also not sure where we'll go next week ;) We were discussing France and DH mentioned escargot (which I won't even consider) and B piped up that he'd want to try it after we explained what it was. B will try anything (except my "goat berry" stew).

Critters are all doing well. I believe we'll have some kids by the end of the year :) Diva was in raging heat the other day and golly she's a screamer!

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You reminded me to start my Christmas list! I'm so sorry for your grandma though...

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'm planning dinner for tomorrow night. Guinea Fowl :D Since guineas come from Africa, I want the dish to represent that (mostly at least).

Here are the recipes that I'm currently considering (with some small modifications):

Guinea Fowl with Couscous

Pot-Roasted Guinea Fowl with Sage, Celery and Blood Orange

Side note:

Interesting bit of information on the guinea: The name of the common species of guinea fowl, meleagris, comes from a story in Greek mythology. Meleager, prince of Macedon, was killed by his mother after murdering his uncles. Meleager's sisters, weeping in grief, are turned into guinea-hens and their tears form the pearl-shaped markings found on the bird's feathers.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
The second recipe sound really good. :drool It gets my vote! :thumbsup Plus that recipe has pictures! :D