Goat poop

Dogma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My goat is pooping strands of pearl poops... Like connected with mucous. She was wormed a month ago... Thank you.
image.jpg

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would say that her intestines are irritated and it can be from something she ate or worms. If she acts fine I would just watch her. Since she is going in for another fecal I wouldn't be too worried as long as she is eating, drinking, and acting like a goat.

Dogma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I would say that her intestines are irritated and it can be from something she ate or worms. If she acts fine I would just watch her. Since she is going in for another fecal I wouldn't be too worried as long as she is eating, drinking, and acting like a goat.
Thank you. She's full of it and acting quite like a goat. Lol. They have been out forraging a lot lately... I will keep an eye on her Much appreciation for all the help on this site. :)

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree with @babsbag

Does her poo still look like this today?

When do you plan on getting another fecal run? This is important as you need to know if you are getting resistant parasites.

I have been enjoying the pics of the girls you have been posting :)

Dogma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you. It's better today... They go back on 1/26/16 to see vet, fecal and ultrasound.
I agree with @babsbag

Does her poo still look like this today?

When do you plan on getting another fecal run? This is important as you need to know if you are getting resistant parasites.

I have been enjoying the pics of the girls you have been posting :)[/QUOTEIt's

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Can you give her a little grain or feed pellets with some kefir or yogurt with live cultures? Or add some electrolytes/ACV to her/their water for a couple of days?

Dogma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Can you give her a little grain or feed pellets with some kefir or yogurt with live cultures? Or add some electrolytes/ACV to her/their water for a couple of days?
Of course I can and will...:) doc says she's too fat, but I'm sure a little is ok.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Just was thinking maybe the probiotics and good bacteria might help stabilize her digestion/ease any irritation that might be there.