Good Morning!--Chat thread

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
We used to have a hotshot, haven't needed it in so long, I have no clue where it is!
The new calf looks good! Black bull, Hubby is thrilled! The heifer is still a little wobbly.

Kitty, the poncho is adorable!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
itll take the heifer a few days to get over the wabbles.
I hope she gets over it, I really like this heifer! I put her in the pen under the second cutting and filled her feeder! Gonna have the boy pack over the grain Smokey don't like. I'll shut up the corral, and let the grass grow, incase I can't release her for awhile.
(and so I'm not chasing black cows in the dark anymore)

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife, how's the heifer doing today?

After rangling those 7 heifers around yesterday and getting them into their new pen along with a night's rest, I still feel older than wynedot! :th

Kute Kitten's quilt is tied and the batting and backing trimmed to fit. I need to trim the strings I tied with so they are the same size and fold the backing up and around and pin it for the final sewing. The actual sewing is going to have to wait until I get to town so I can buy thread that matches. :rolleyes:

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

It's time to build Bruiser an outside house! He's decided playing in the creek with the big dogs, is fun! I know where I want the new house, I've just never done much building with angles, might just make Hubby do it!
Took a walk yesterday, to check out some flood damage. It was kinda cool! One of the little creeks blew out and left a nice layer of nutrient rich sludge on part of my field! The grass growing in that area is as green as a well fed lawn!

Kitty, I was feeling as old as wynedot yesterday! I ended up with a nice knot in my forearm from pulling that calf. Even picking up my coffee is painful!
The heifer was still wobbly last night, but she must be feeling better, the dogs are no longer safe in her pen!
She really loves the grain idea!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Good morning

It's time to build Bruiser an outside house! He's decided playing in the creek with the big dogs, is fun! I know where I want the new house, I've just never done much building with angles, might just make Hubby do it!
Took a walk yesterday, to check out some flood damage. It was kinda cool! One of the little creeks blew out and left a nice layer of nutrient rich sludge on part of my field! The grass growing in that area is as green as a well fed lawn!

Kitty, I was feeling as old as wynedot yesterday! I ended up with a nice knot in my forearm from pulling that calf. Even picking up my coffee is painful!
The heifer was still wobbly last night, but she must be feeling better, the dogs are no longer safe in her pen!
She really loves the grain idea!
Oh, oh. Puppy gets to go live outside. He's growing up.

Take care of that arm! My aches are from pulling those heifers around and kicking in the RLS. With time it will settle.

Glad the heifer is doing better. :)

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Yep, my little puppy is growing up! He's about 45lbs now and sometimes I have to take a second look to tell him apart from my Bart dog!

Hey, this sore arm has it's good points!
Can't squeeze the dish soap bottle! And I might also have a cool burn on the same arm, I don't think I should get it wet!
Some body else will have to do the dishes!