Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
sounds like a days work finishing kutekittens quilt.
Maybe. It's hard on the knees, kneeling on the floor and tieing on the bed.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Mornin'

Looks like a warm one today, then supposed to dip back down again with more snow by tomorrow.

Sad to here we (Canada) lost 3 more soldiers in Afghanistan to a road-side bomb...still, looks like they're doing a great job over there, dispite the losses.

edit: it was an IED (improvised explosive device) that they were sent to disarm, but on their way back they got hit by this road-side bomb and got killed. My mistake...

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
kitty you need a quilting frame.that way you can tie the quilt sitting in a chair.the frame hangs from the ceiling.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
WRB-Our weather is suppose to be warmer today and tomorrow and then dip down to right around freezing with mix precip-please send the cold and precip north not south.

wynedot-I quilting frame would be nice but, I don't have one and I'm new to quilting so not sure how many of these things I will be doing as to really needing one.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good moring(?)

Had one of those late night us cow people live for, so I went back to bed as soon as Hubby left for work!
Pulled a calf, mama would not get up for me, so I got Hubby! Seems I'm not very scary, one word from Hubby and she was up, but wobbly. I ended up staying up even later to check on her.
Had a cow stuck in the corral with her calf outside of the corral! Trying to move a black cow in the dark, without getting run over by upset black mama cows you can't see, is not really much fun!
I don't know what my bulls trip was, he was on the outside of the corral, getting ready to come over the top of the fence? Good thing I haven't picked up all of those rocks, he changed his mind when I beamed in the head with one!
Now I am over an hour late feeding and my coffee just ain't working! This will be fun!

Kitty, a friend hangs quilts over the back of her couch when she ties them.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
you have had a rough nite.you need to get a hotshot so you can get cows up after you pull the calf.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
you have had a rough nite.you need to get a hotshot so you can get cows up after you pull the calf.
They work great! If ours dies we get another one ASAP!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Our couch is in the middle of Grand Central around here! The bed in the guest bedroom is working. I work awhile and then get up and work on something else. One of those things is Peanuts new poncho. Again, no pattern. I had hoped to use one of Kute Kitten's as a pattern but, I didn't like them. So, I layed Peanut's old one on the fabric and resized it up.

Starponcho.jpg