Good Morning!--Chat thread

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
In reference to bring home food. I use to tell my family that there is no use for me to go shopping. Because all you guys are just going to do is eat it. Then complain there is nothing to eat in the house. :barnie

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
morning all i went yesterday an got some food that i could eat after having my teeth out.got apple sauce yogert rice pineapple an peaches.also got sour cream cool whip an candy.gonna get ice cream an cho milk monday.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget you have all those eggs your girls are producing for you!

I'm glad that everything went well. I hope it continues to go well and no infections or complications set in.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
well ill be knocked out monday.from getting my teeth out.maybe ill feel like doing something tues.we are using alot of eggs.we cook or boil 6 to 8 eggs at a time.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

I'm up!
We are hauling off a couple of weaners calves tomorrow. I'm supposed to be making up my mind on who's going and who's staying!
That requires thinking!
I don't like thinking!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Get your coffee into you first!

Oh, and keep any heifers that are another color than black! Or that have markings on them! :D

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:

Oh, and keep any heifers that are another color than black! Or that have markings on them! :D
The coffee ain't working, I stayed up too late last night!

I have one red one, but she might be related to Smokeys mom. I've been avoiding checking, I like her!

I have a couple pretty ones with markings! But, Hubby says no matter how hard I wish for it, them steers just won't have babies?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:

The coffee ain't working, I stayed up too late last night!

I have one red one, but she might be related to Smokeys mom. I've been avoiding checking, I like her!

I have a couple pretty ones with markings! But, Hubby says no matter how hard I wish for it, them steers just won't have babies?
:lol: I hate to break it to you but, he's right. Those steers won't have babies.

What happened to Smokey's mom may never happen again no matter whose related to her or how close/far they are related. We had a set of twin heifers that one had trouble calving and the other was perfectly fine. They were bred to the same bull. So while genetics can play a roll in calving, I think it's probably a small roll. jhm can probably tell you a little more about the roll of genetics as he's an AI breeder.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
sometimes you loose a cow.an the genetics dont always cause a cow to die calving.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
After all my stressing, we might not even haul tomorrow.
The red one is grand daughter of a pinz/holstien cross I bought from Mr X. They don't hold up well on just local grass hay in the winter, I've been trying to weed them out.
The one I really like is Weebles full sister, but that brings me back to the "should I" thing.