Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm getting fustrated! DH looked at a red and white bull calf last night to buy and raise to use as a cleanup bull. The herd is a good one, I'm not worried about that. The bull he is out of is the concern to me. I looked him up on the net and he looks good. However his short name is the same as the maternal great granddam's sire as Mary's calf that we just decided against. Their numbers are different though but, are from the same AI company. I have the old books from the AI company we used to breed with and couldn't find Saw's sire. Not even in the young sire book. Last night I emailed the company trying to find info and haven't heard back from them. It sure would be nice to know for sure that they are two different bulls! I'm sure with the number difference they must be but, it's at Saw that the udders fell apart.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I was out working in the garden and had a horrible thought!
The kind of thought that makes your blood run cold!
MIL might be over today! With SIL that I'd rather not be around!
I think they would call first, so I'm not going to answer the phone!

Kitty, did you hear back from the AI co?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
I was out working in the garden and had a horrible thought!
The kind of thought that makes your blood run cold!
MIL might be over today! With SIL that I'd rather not be around!
I think they would call first, so I'm not going to answer the phone!
SHUDDERS!

Kitty, did you hear back from the AI co?No. :(

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
kitty i dont think the bull calf your looking at will be that closely related to mary.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Still haven't heard back from the AI company but, did some more digging in the books. I found the last young sire directory is put together differently and found both bulls in it. They are different bulls! I called DH and let him know for sure. We thought so with the different numbers but, one never knows.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
The boy seems to be getting a bit crabby, must be the heat?
It can't be because I keep calling him out to help me with one thing, then drag him around the yard to do a million other things! I've been doing this to him his whole life, you'd think he'd be used to it by now?

Kitty does that mean your getting the red and white bull calf?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife, you would think!

Yes, we are getting the red & white bull calf. DH will bring him home tomorrow night and I'll post pics then.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh oh. DH says the skid steer died. :( I had to go back out earlier and help him with it as it started ran a bit and then blew out blue smoke. We got it going and he started cleaning the back barn again. Soon he was out playing football with the girls. He came in a bit ago and I asked. He said it died and wouldn't start again. He's not sure if he's going to fix it or not--hasn't checked to see what is all wrong. The skidsteer isn't worth fixing if it's going to cost much. We have known for quite sometime that it's not long for the world.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'm finally back home on the farm again. :D My final went pretty well this morning, so I guess it's safe to guess that I will do alright with my mark.

It's great to be home again. Home sweet home.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
WildRoseBeef said:
Well, I'm finally back home on the farm again. :D My final went pretty well this morning, so I guess it's safe to guess that I will do alright with my mark.

It's great to be home again. Home sweet home.
dance.gif