Good Morning!--Chat thread

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
morning they say its supposed to get 90 here today.our cows quit eating hay 6wks ago.an has been in the pastures ever since.hope that new bull calf is red an cute.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's out of a completely red herd!

We have 5 head to ship. Hauler should be calling soon to let me know whether he will get them today or tomorrow.

Calling for a high of 61 today.

Pollen alert too:
Today's allergy levels:
Wednesday - 10/High

Today's predominant pollen:
Cedar/Juniper, Maple and Poplar/Aspen/Cottonwood

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
whats wrong with the 5 hd your shipping.do you milk any 3 teaters or do you ship emm as soon as they have a bad teat.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Two are the ones I've been waiting for the last what 2 months to ship, 1 is that fat heifer, the other two are cows that wouldn't settle and they are at the end of their lactations.

The hauler jsut called and he should be here within an hour.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We'll be careful. It usually goes good and with this group I don't expect to much trouble.

I hope they bring a good price too. They are all conditioned good to ready to butcher in the case of that heifer so they should bring decent.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
He's been delayed. A guy with a beef cow just north of us called and while the trucker heads usually heads north from here he doesn't want to get in there with to much of a load on or he'll be stuck. So it will be a little longer.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

Must have stayed up too late last night, coffee is just not working!
We are only supposed to hit 52 today, with showers!
I can live with that!

We are hauling in a few this weekend. If all goes well, I will get the new loft I've been wanting! (for the last 20+ years)
Guess I should go look No.2s heifer, and decide if I want to keep her? She is a few days younger than Smokey, she would be a good pasture mate for her!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Poor Smokey is going to have to learn to be a cow.
YES!
The little demon child needs to learn to be a cow!
I tried to check a fence the other day! The dogs were all excited we were going for a "walk"!
Smokey got out and caught up with us! Red dog went home, and the other three dogs would not come near me, afraid Demon Smokey was going to get them!
If she is any indication of what all the other heifers are going to be like, I might just ship them all!