Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Poor Smokey is going to have to learn to be a cow.
YES!
The little demon child needs to learn to be a cow!
I tried to check a fence the other day! The dogs were all excited we were going for a "walk"!
Smokey got out and caught up with us! Red dog went home, and the other three dogs would not come near me, afraid Demon Smokey was going to get them!
If she is any indication of what all the other heifers are going to be like, I might just ship them all!
The way you talk about her! You raised her.

Cows and heifer loaded and gone down the road.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Poor Smokey is going to have to learn to be a cow.
YES!
I tried to check a fence the other day! The dogs were all excited we were going for a "walk"!
Smokey got out and caught up with us! Red dog went home, and the other three dogs would not come near me, afraid Demon Smokey was going to get them!
If she is any indication of what all the other heifers are going to be like, I might just ship them all!

Kitty, your a mom!
You know, if there is a problem with the child, you blame the father!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:
YES!

Kitty, your a mom!
You know, if there is a problem with the child, you blame the father!
And it's usually his fault too! :D He has gotten a bit better but, still....

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
glad to hear they are safely loaded an gone.smokey is just being a boddy lil girl :gig

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I talked to one of the neighbors (#1) and she had been to one of the other neighbors (#2). #1 had said that we had that bull here but, it was gone now and that DH was working on fence. #2 said that was good because then maybe our heifers would stay in? WHAT THE....? Our heifers are in, have been in, and rarely get out much less down by them! GEEZ! I think between their health issues and age they have totally lost it! I keep wondering how soon before the kids talk them into moving into either the senior apartments or the nursing home. I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go around.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
I talked to one of the neighbors (#1) and she had been to one of the other neighbors (#2). #1 had said that we had that bull here but, it was gone now and that DH was working on fence. #2 said that was good because then maybe our heifers would stay in? WHAT THE....? Our heifers are in, have been in, and rarely get out much less down by them! GEEZ! I think between their health issues and age they have totally lost it! I keep wondering how soon before the kids talk them into moving into either the senior apartments or the nursing home. I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go around.
I'm so thankful the only neighbors I have are Mr.X and the nephew!
They both know I am mad at them, so they are avoiding me!

I cleaned out and organized my cleaning supplies/catch all cupboard!
Now I am too worn out to clean anything!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
WOW! If that is anything like my catch all cupboard that is a HUGE job! No wonders your tired! I think it's nap time!
cowsleep.gif

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Are you standing at the computer? :D

I missed my 15-20 min nap. Got busy putting the hem back in one of Kute Kittens T-shirts instead.

Calves all got rebedded and their grain refilled today. Grain should have been done yesterday for the whole lot but, it was raining. I also got the chicken coop cleaned out. Now I need that nap but, it's just about milking time.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure windy and cold here today! But it's nice to hear the wind howling thru the trees instead of thru a bunch of buildings!! :)

Of course all 4 cats were really happy to see me!! Deedee wouldn't stop meowing and rolling onto her back to get her belly rubbed, Mocha was purring exitedly and rubbing up to me too! Spider and Muffy (Button) wouldn't stop following me as I went out for a walk out in the pasture this evening! They were also happy to play with the poly twine I was picking up off the ground behind the sheds; Spidy's such a goof ball! Muffy, you wouldn't even know she had her injury, she was goofing off like she always does!

It sure was nice to be able to walk outside at night, past sunset; ducks quacking in the ponds and wet meadows, seeing nothing but grass and trees for miles. I swear I spooked about a hundred ducks out of one of the swamps way out back, they just kept flying off in their different flocks! Didn't have my camera with me, as it would've been quite a sight with the colours of after the sun went down!

Ahh, it's good to be home. I also have to phone the vets at coffee time to delegate when I should get back to work; I was thinking of monday, making this week sort of a "rest-up" week.

Yep, I'm happy to be home for sure! :D

Latest posts