Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
How neat! I love killdeer!
Me too!
I thought mama was on eggs at first, she just stayed in one spot as I hauled, then yesterday I saw her with the 4 babies running around her!
I got a couple of pictures as I was moving them to the other corral, I will see if my computer and photo bucket are on good terms later.
Maybe they are new hatchlings and when you first started cleaning she may have been sitting.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
How neat! I love killdeer!
Me too!
I thought mama was on eggs at first, she just stayed in one spot as I hauled, then yesterday I saw her with the 4 babies running around her!
I got a couple of pictures as I was moving them to the other corral, I will see if my computer and photo bucket are on good terms later.
Maybe they are new hatchlings and when you first started cleaning she may have been sitting.
That could be!
Yesterday she was only about 15 feet from where I was driving and didn't budge until the dogs got closer. She only had 1 baby under her, the other 3 were on the other side of the manure pile.
IF I had a better camera(and my windows were clean), I could get a picture of them right now! They are on top of a little mound in the corral, enjoying the sunshine!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I decided to go out and get to work on my chick coop. DH is big on using screws and the cordless drill when building. I ended up telling the drill and screws where they could go and got the hammer and nails out. Then my only problem was the uneven ground.--shed is in use. I have the frames for the top and bottom built-got side tracked by a phone call. Measured what the up and down boards will need to be and after lunch I will cut them and DH will help me with those. Toe tacking is not my thing and I don't have enough hands either. Then I can put the plywood on and paint!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
First hatch is due this weekend but, I will keep them in the grain room in the back barn for a bit. The run itself, I'm thinking needs some work-I haven't looked to close but, I'm sure it will.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
yeah the grain room will be warm.im aboput ready to pull my hair out.buddy called an wanted me to check on a cutter caddy.an get the price.an call him back as he is going by the dealership if we can get a good price.an i cant catch the salesmen im dealing with again.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
yeah the grain room will be warm.im aboput ready to pull my hair out.buddy called an wanted me to check on a cutter caddy.an get the price.an call him back as he is going by the dealership if we can get a good price.an i cant catch the salesmen im dealing with again.
They can be a pain!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Pen no.4 is ready for chips!
I ended up bringing in 2 loads of gravely fill, to fill in what the boy and I dug out! If I had known I was going to do that, I would have had the boy over there to help!
Spreading gravel is for young people!

On to pen no. 5!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
well i finally got aholt of the salesmen ive been dealing with all day.an he did not have any used or new mower caddies.said when they got some in they was gonna cost $5000 or better.so i called another dealer i work with.an they had a new mower caddy for $2850.so i call my buddy an tell him.an he goes gotta talk to my wife.i goes talking to her will cost you $2000 more.so i told him to talk to his boss tonite.an bring the truck tomorrow.an we would go to town an get the mower caddy when we could get loose.