Good Morning!--Chat thread

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
GrassFarmerGalloway said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Oh, oh! That is a bad morning! :hugs

We've been trying to clean house. I have yelled at the girls to get picking up their toys that I'm sick of this battle today. They are both now picking up because they don't want me to pick up. The toys will go into the garbage if I do it.
Think you people have had a bad morning? I got attacked by a dog today. :somad
Are you OK?

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I sure as heck wasn't havin a bad day! :D

Here's what I did today:

-Soon as I got to the clinic I work at I had to go with the vet up north to the northern clinic of his. Arrived at work at 8:30 am, left at 8:45 am, gased up in town then headed north.

- Arrived at Fawcett clinic in a hurry b/c he had to do a C-section on an Angus cow. Apparently it wasn't necessary because the calf was 4 or 5 days dead and rotted in the cow, so the vet told the client to take her out and put a bullet in her, there was nothing he could do to save her or her already-dead calf. The reason the vet didn't do anything was that the toxins that were already building up to such levels in the cow would be released if he opened her up, released into the cow which would kill her in a matter of 10 to 20 minutes after the surgery was performed. So all that effort to save the cow would be absolutely worthless, because it wouldn't be saving the cow at all; quite the opposite, actually.

-Cow gone, had to run off again north-west of Fawcett to a farm that had a calf in need of a cast being cut off his leg. The little booger was fun to try to get in the barn, plus keep steady on the square bale. Got the job done though.

- Back to the Fawcett clinic again to look at a kitty that had been welping or kittening or whatever the term is for a couple days, and had a couple little munchkins by her side already. Had to take a couple X-rays, then spay her because the fetuses inside her would already be dead anyway and she wasn't really doing any labour to try to get them out.

-Out on call again, this time to a farm north east of Fawcett with a cow that had a uterine prolapse. I had to get down and dirty out in the middle of the pasture with the vet and the two owners to help get the insde-out uterus back in again. At least the uterine prolapse was fresh, from just this morning, with a wet calf out in the dirt waiting for momma to lick him clean.

-And back yet again to the clinic. A matted-up Sheltie cross pup that had been mauled had to get a few stitches in some bite-wounds plus get a good shave.

-Couple of Giant Schnauzers had to come in to get porcupine quills taken out.

-Back at the main clinic (south of Fawcett) again at 3:20 pm to a bunch of clients waiting since this morning to be served. Had to do another X-ray then with a kitty that was teething, then do some sweeping and feed the cats upstairs while the vet was attending to more clients with vaccinations and other things with their pets that needed to be done.

-Took out a few kits out of the truck to be organized and cleaned out. By the time I finished it was 6:22 pm and past my time to get home.

I was so busy today we didn't even have time for lunch, just a stop at the Jarvie General Store on our way up to Fawcett to get some ice cream. I sure was glad to get home to a good meal, and now I'm really feeling tired. Think I'll sleep in tomorrow morning...

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
GFG--I hope you are fine! :hugs

wynedot--If I wasn't ready to throw the toys out they wouldn't have been picking up. Believe me, when I say the toys are going, if I have to pick them up, they are going! I wouldn't put them in the garbage though but, donate them.

thewife-- and our DHs wonder why we get nothing done!

WRB--What a busy day!

I almost forgot! We went and played cards tonight with BIL and wife. I WON!! :bun That doesn't happen to often. :)

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
thewife-- and our DHs wonder why we get nothing done!
After today, I don't think he will accuse me of not getting anything done for a long, long. long time!

They did get most of the loft sheeted and started the cat walk! I'm also getting a bridge from one loft to the other!

Congrats on the win Kitty!

WRB, sounds like a very busy, but interesting day!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It only 31F here this morning! But, the sun is shinning and the strong winds we had yesterday have died down. :clap

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good Morning!!

Seem likes everyone is busy! And had good and bad yesterday. I have to say My was good. Went shopping with my friend for a fancy dress and found on at the second store. A great buy! $10.00 dollars. And it fit perfect!! After that I went to walmart, got some stuff $40.00 dollars later I heading homw. My daugther came over did some more on the dress. She left to get the house ready for the party, I sewed alittle more and then it was time to feed the funny farm put up what needed to be locked up and off to the party at my daughter's house. Got home about 10:30 pm My middle son brought his kids over cause he has a charter this moring. So this morning I'll do some more strawberry's, clean out rabbit cage and make Sunday dinner. After that I'll call it a day. How is everyone day going out there????

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

It's supposed to reach 77 today, way to hot for me!
HOPEFULLY going to spend the day in the garden, after I do something about my kitchen! Between the loft crew and the kids, I don't think I have any clean dishes left!
And, if you hear a scream in the distance, it just means I ended up with the kids again!