Good Morning!--Chat thread

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
they will never realize what they have done.people dont care as long as they get what they want.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
ALL 6 PENS ARE DONE!
No more exposed water lines! No more suck a muck! No more odd bumps and angles to cause problems for the calvers!
Hubby can now stack hay in a flat pen! He might not even need 4wd to get the bales in and out of the pen! I might even be able to get bales out of that pen!(without doing to much damage to the walls, feeder, new catwalk, new loft or tractor)

I think I will go wash the tractor now!
It's a Kubota, I don't think it's supposed to be green?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How did you get a Kubota green?

Both BILs with cancer were here visiting with each other. The one was up from Iowa to pick up 3 bull calves.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
How did you get a Kubota green?

Both BILs with cancer were here visiting with each other. The one was up from Iowa to pick up 3 bull calves.
This is Washinton Kitty!
If it don't rust, it grows moss!(sometimes both) Or in this case, green slime in every crack and crevice! The "stuff" I scoop from the barnyard doesn't help matters either!
Tractor is clean! Going to have to drive around a bit and get the tires dirty again! Don't want Hubby seeing all the new gouges I put in them! I didn't wash the bucket either, don't want Hubby to see how much paint I've scraped off of that!

Am I reading that right, you have 2 BILs with cancer?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is nothing wrong with your reading. DH's brother has had Kidney cancer which, has spread. Then DH's sister's husband, the one that buys our bull calves, was just diagnosed with lung cancer which has spread to his glands up by his neck.

I also have a cousin that was just diagnosed with leukemia.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
kool glad she enjoyed their visit.when my dad died i had 2 uncles that would come down every week for 3 or 4hrs.an i was 25 at the time.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Another nutty day today. Yesterday I was tired all day, and caught up on my sleep right after I got home from work...didn't want to do no computer work, no reading, nothing, just sleep. I sure woke up fresh as a daisy this morning and it was a good thing because it was another busy day today.

Anyone ever heard of calves getting navel hernias? Usually the hernias are only about the size of two fingers, but this one was the size of the length of my whole hand. The vet I work for told the owner (upon being asked) that it was genetic, nothing to do with feed or birthing problems or mineral deficiencies. Anyway, the vet Dr. B spent a good couple hours putting the stomach membrane back together, and another half hour trying to get the calf to breath again after it stopped breathing a half a dozen times on him. The heart stopped too a couple times. But luckly, the calf came back and was up and about in the trailer when me and another assistant had to give him a needle.

I had a whole pile of autoclaving and cleaning to do today too, lots of stuff to catch up on plus other help with pets and the like. An interesting day, nonetheless. :)

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
kool glad she enjoyed their visit.when my dad died i had 2 uncles that would come down every week for 3 or 4hrs.an i was 25 at the time.
Those are her two favorite uncles on DH's side and she only has one on my side. Two favorites out of 10 and we will loose both of them way to early. One is terminal with matastized renal cell carcenoma (kidney cancer spread)and the other is 77 with lung cancer so, even if he can beat the cancer it will be to soon loosing him.