Good Morning!--Chat thread

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
The tub has a float on it, but it steals my garden water pressure when it's filling! The more cows that drink, the longer I don't have any pressure at the garden! The rarely mess with the floats.
My cows gather at different place for shade, depending on which field they are in. Right now they have the back 80, so they came to the barn and the trees around there for shade.

If they are in the back lower field, they all gather in the shade of 1 big tree? Seems like it would be hotter with all those bodies crammed together? I don't lock them in that field, there is a whole line of shade trees just out side of the gate?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My hose for the garden comes off a different spot than the cows. The garden hose comes first of all the lines. :lol:

Cows have their favorite spots and there is no rhyme or reason.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
when we was milking we had 3 water troughs with floats on them.an we had to fix a cover over them.so the cows couldnt tear them up.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
And yet ANOTHER busy day!!!

-help put a cast on a filly
-help with floating teeth on a +/- 30-year old sway-backed gelding
-help with BBSE testing on a couple Gelbvieh bulls (calmest bulls I've ever seen!!)
-power-wash out the back
-autoclave instruments
-vacuum upstairs
-answer phones
-attend to clients
-help with neutering and tail-docking a 170 lb bull mastiff
-attend to laundery
-fix a plugged toilet
-clean BBSE instruments and supplies twice (first this morning then after the Gelbviehs were done)
-help with vaccinating clients' cats and dogs
-help with shaving down a few dogs
-wash a dog
-do dishes
-feed cats
-clean litterboxes
-visit and pet a mass of furry, purring fluffballs of 6-month old kittens (what a bunch of sweethearts!! :love )
-other things I haven't thought of yet that I did today. Oh yeah, take out the garbage...and et cetera.

Yeah. How's that for busy?? :D

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
WRB, that's waaaay too much!
Not going to admit what I did today, your day makes me sound lazier than I really am!

I did attempt turkey hunting this evening!
Got busted by one of my own heifers! Then the bull started over to see what she was freaking out on! I had locked up my good dog before I left, figured if my choices might be shoot the bull or climb a tree, I better just get the heck outta there!

WildRoseBeef

Reaction score
Way too much, I just keep thinking that there's never enough time in a day to get everything done! I still had lots to do after I was allowed to go home!!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
WildRoseBeef said:
Way too much, I just keep thinking that there's never enough time in a day to get everything done! I still had lots to do after I was allowed to go home!!
There never is enough time in the day to get everything done!
That's why sometimes you just gotta stop and smell the barn yard!
(and try to call in a turkey)

WildRoseBeef

Reaction score
thewife said:
WildRoseBeef said:
There never is enough time in the day to get everything done!
That's why sometimes you just gotta stop and smell the barn yard!
(and try to call in a turkey)
Well, I will admit I did have a little bit of time to sit down and do some reading, as well as have lunch. But other than that it was go, go, go!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning all!

I've been given a few choices, rake, take the camper off the truck, or run errands.
I guess I might be raking today?

Latest posts