Good Morning!--Chat thread

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning every body!

Supposed to hit 88 today?
My Mamma hen has decided to hang outside the garden, allowing her little demon chicks to play in the nicely tilled soil and seedlings!
Guess I should do something about that?

Congrats on the baby Kitty!
I was hoping to see what Waco's calf is yesterday, but it was just too hot to go look for her!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Silo unloader is up and the tractor for the chopper is unstuck and back home. Now to hook on and finish getting ready to go.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
we know by the him it wasnt a heifer.i just got back from the dentist.an he stung my hipp pocket good.got me to the tune of $400.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
And when do you get the new teeth?

Yes, it's a bull calf. I forgot to take the camera out with me too.

We put up 5 loads of hay into the silo today. It's all that was down as DH didn't want to over cut and have it get dried. We still had to put the silo unloader up, get the tractor unstuck and home. Hook on the chopper and get it greased, chains oiled, and knives sharpened first.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
We put up 5 loads of hay into the silo today. It's all that was down as DH didn't want to over cut and have it get dried. We still had to put the silo unloader up, get the tractor unstuck and home. Hook on the chopper and get it greased, chains oiled, and knives sharpened first.
Sounds like way too much work Kitty!
Why was your tractor stuck?

It's nice and cool in here, 80 something out there?
I trimmed all the trees around the yard! Now that I had my nap, I guess I should go clean up the mess?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I forgot to mention sweeping lawn and mowing more lawn. I just finished putting the grass clippings on the garden for mulch and weed control! :bun

The tractor was stuck due to the 3.3" of rain we had a little while ago. DH tried to drag the field the other day and got stuck. We left it there and today it came out without having to pull it. :weee

BTW, send some of that heat here! 70 for our high. Early next week 60! It got down to 39 last night and about that tonight. We are way behind in heat units and the crops are showing it.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I wish I could send you some of this heat!
I want the 70's, maybe even 60s!
I still can't get out into the field I wanted to spread manure on and it's too hot to be packing my sprayer around!
I feel like I'm just stuck in the middle!

I'm gonna try to pick up all the dog toys so one of my guys can hopefully mow our lawn! The darm riding mower does not have a slow gear, I refuse to drive it!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
the $400 was just to have them deep cleaned.gotta go back in july to start working on my teeth.glad you got 5 loads of hayledge in the silo.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Expensive cleaning.

DH cut hay last night but, needs to check and see if it's ready for this aft. He went to drag the field that still needs to be seeded this morning and it's still sticky. He was working it though, until I called the neighbor to go out and pull him from the field and come get Peanut and me. We were heading to town and had an accident--we're fine. Van's in the shop. :( Do you know what it's like to go from driving a van to driving a car? I have to climb up out of the darn thing! :rolleyes:

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
dont ya just hate having to fall into a car.an then having to climb out of the car.we have an suv.glad you an miss peanut are ok.how bad is the van hurt.