~Livinwright Farm's kidding thread~ 2 preggers does... hopefully :)

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if you don't see any goo. Our last kidding there was basically no discharge at all, until the bubble emerged. None of our does this year have had the long, amber string I see so often described.

Patty- those shoulder length gloves are the worst when it comes to feeling around. Heck, it's hard enough to tell what's what in there without additional impediments!

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
n.smithurmond said:
Don't be surprised if you don't see any goo. Our last kidding there was basically no discharge at all, until the bubble emerged. None of our does this year have had the long, amber string I see so often described.

Patty- those shoulder length gloves are the worst when it comes to feeling around. Heck, it's hard enough to tell what's what in there without additional impediments!
This is one of the MANY reasons why I need to get the barn cam re-installed... I am not as worried about Momma or Maude kidding, they have been through it before and are 3 yrs old... so the barn cam will be focussed on Cali's stall.
My Mom and I will be sleeping in shifts starting tomorrow, and wake the other up if we see/hear any signs of labor.

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A bit of goo preceeded Sasha's delivery, no goo whatsoever with Sparkle until birth was imminent. Shiny teats on both tho just before labor started. Sasha(who is an alpine/oberhasli but about the same size as a nigerian) a 2nd timer bagged up a week or so earlier, Sparkle first timer good size udder the day before birth but the teats filled the day of the birth. S'more (second pregnancy)who is due the 12th has been "Gooey" for several weeks but her bag is still soft. So they are ll different. I do see a tendancy to want more attention and be more loving near the time and also most of them start to "talk" to their tummies and dig in the bedding right bout the time labor starts.

edited to add: I have a barn camera with the monitor sitting in my living room. I freaked out when I couldn't get the dang thing to work just before the girls were due. I had just used it for a litter of piglets. Had to change the power source as the cord must have gotten a nibble from mama pig! That thing has been a lifesaver, I use it in the kennel and barn. I want to get a better one tho mine is a cheap one I got off ebay so it's staticy.

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ariel's udder had not become shiney - only noticed she was fuller than the night before. No goo whatsoever until she had amber goo immediately preceeding bubble and baby.

Jasmine has had a little opaque discharge for a month.

Ligs were soft on both for the past few weeks. So I knew we were *close* but nothing that told me "this is it" for certain until I saw her contracting.

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
This morning when checking Cali for any further udder development(not much btw), I noticed she had something on the end of her right teat... I kind of rubbed it(unsure if it was dirt or a scab), and it came off/out... it was kind of grey colored, and was(edited to correct spelling) in her teat. What was this? some kind of natural plug in her teat? I wish I had though to get a picture of it.

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Cali:
vulva has lengthened:
3120_calis_vulva_145_days.jpg

itty bitty udder now barely visible from behind:
3120_calis_udder_145_days.jpg

Edited To Add: Neither Momma or Maude were willing to allow me to get pics of their backsides... :rolleyes:

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
just something to break up my boredom while waiting for some kind of sign...
Doing , , , getting for the goats(natural dewormer)...

Lady Jane

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hope Cali does well. :D
I will definitely be checking back to see how things go.
Your smiley emoticons are really cute by the way.