premature calf

memela

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Yes I just couldn't let her lay there and die kinda of tender hearted in my older age. She has so for sucked down 19 ozs of milk & is wiggling her tail while she eats. Has had a bowel movement but don't know if her kidneys have moved yet but checking on that. She is a little stronger than this morning but still not standing. Will hope she makes it through the night.

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Keep up to good work. Love the fact that her little tail is wagging when she eats. I hope she gets stronger and stronger every day. Your cousins are very blessed to have you to rely on. :)

memela

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Just an update on LULU the premie She made it through the night and her kidneys are working. She still has a long way to go but still keeping my fingers crossed. One eye is very cloudy so I'm thinking she might be blind but maybe not I'm still hopeful just have to wait it out. Thanks to everyone who helped out Need a lot more advice so feel free to help out.

neener92

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Since she is so small, I would feed her three times a day rather than two. It worked for me when I had a sick calf. Good luck!

RPC

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Also if you are able to atleast try to make her stand even if you have to make a sling for her and hold her up. With her laying around to much it can cause more problems. Good luck with the little girl and I hope she makes it.

memela

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. LuLu made another day. She is drinking 18 oz now 3 times a day. Holding her head up better. We are in the process of making her a swing to make her legs stronger. But she is trying very hard to stand. I'm still moving her around every few hours & I pick her up and try to get her to stand her breathing is very good no rattles and has a strong heart beat. So all is good so far except the very cloudy eye.

memela

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Today I went to feed my premie & I noticed her BM is a little loose not bad watching closely. If this turns into scours how should i treat since she is so small.I had to put her on the milk replacer she has been taking for the past 3 days.

Latest posts