premature calf

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
You GO Girl!

ONE STEP AT A TIME!

From the Cheering Section in New Jersey! :)

memela

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
LuLu has the scours again well its more like water with yellowish color. How should i treat her? She can't afford to loose any weight.i've been reading but I'm totally . Also noticed her left back leg is swollen. Any feed back?

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Awww...she is beautiful! And you are doing a great job. I don't have answers to your most recent post. I am sure that someone will come along that does. I am guessing that you are going to learn so much with Lulu and will be a great resource to others in the future. A challenge and a blessing all rolled into one! We'll keep cheering for you up here in Maine too!

Okie Amazon

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Cut the milk replacer in half (half strength) for a couple of feedings. Cut the amount down, too. Give Pedialyte in between feedings. The baby also needs Probiotics.

You can also mix this up:

2 raw eggs
8 oz beef broth
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 pk gelatin'

It will help stop scouring. You can add that to his milk replacer for a meal.

As far as the swollen leg, has she been laying on that side? Massage it well and make sure she alternates sides when lying down.

memela

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
LuLu is doing so much better today. Thanks again Okie she loves that mixture sucks it right up. Her leg is still swollen but she tried to walk today a few steps. Was very proud of her. so far so good..

BriteChicken

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hey Memela! How's Lulu doing? I can't get enough of her cuteness!

memela

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
LuLu is doing great today !! No more scours but her back leg is still swollen. This morning at her 6 am feeding she was very alert & waiting on me for her bottles LOL. She is taking a few more steps but you can tell her leg hurts her. She now wants to stand up for her bottles. I'm so thrilled at her improvements everyday. When i go to the barn I always hold my breath and peak over the gate to see if she is still breathing its such a relief when i see her breathing. She is a fighter and has a good strong heart beat. Yesterday she was 1 week old !!! So very tiny still. One of my friends told me I was awesome. i told her no its not me its LuLu she has the will to live I'm just a helper. You can't help but fall in love with her. So keep on cheering for her she still has a long way to go. One day at a time.

Latest posts