Queen Mum's Dancing in the Rain

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Recently found out that someone I really trusted and appreciated totally betrayed me. He set me up on behalf of some other fool and was using me for about 6 months.

There are evil people in this world who have no conscience. I know that sounds naive. And it is.

Set your expectations high; find men and women whose integrity and values you respect; get their agreement on a course of action; and give them your ultimate trust.
- John Akers

This is my philosophy. Alas, not everyone lives by that rule, thus one can get bitten in the behind now and then.

You are in integrity when the life you are living on the outside matches who you are on the inside.
- Alan Cohen

However...

You reap what you sow sometimes tenfold.

Live and learn.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Rat update:

The little creep tore the heck out of my kitchen drawer. I cleaned it out and filled it with about a pound of rat bait mixed with peanut butter. The next day the bait was COMPLETELY GONE! Triumph I thought. NOPE.

This evening out he came. He is driving me NUTS! The rat is mocking me and my dog and my cat. He is practically domesticated at this point.

Traps, bait, tricks. NONE have worked so far. Any ideas?

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
I second the BBgun...if you wear a Santa hat while shooting at them, that will make it more festive and perhaps start a new tradition? ;)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've never seen a dead rat chew up anything. ;)

Seriously, it really is a good way to get rid of them.

QM- I could be mistaken but didn't you say you have a landlord? If so, and you are renting AND they were there before you moved in (in other words...you didn't bring about the rat problem) they should be hiring someone to get rid of the problem. Depending on the landlord, if you don't tell them there is a problem and the rats begin destroying the wiring etc. they could hold you liable for damage done. Hopefully you (if you are renting) don't have a jerky LL.