Roll Farms - Herdstock is over, and I'm feeling hung over, lol

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I am sooo behind in my journal reading.....

What do you put on Edge's nose to keep off the flies? Snowey could use some.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I've tried swat, flies off, etc.....No luck. I used to use War Paint when TSC carried it (looks like roll on deoderant, made for horses) but they stopped. It worked well.

I use Ultra Shield EX (spray, made for horses). I squirt it on my hand and then rub her face / nose / ears w/ my hands.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I.R.Pooped.

I'm back to working 2 days a week and there just aren't enough hours in the day / week right now....esp. when I spend 10 of them elsewhere, :lol:

Trying to redo a bed on the East side of the house....FULL of weeds....w/ taproots that go to China. Spread out the strawberry plants, dug up 70 iris I didn't like, and got another 40 Iris I do like dug up, along w/ a few Asiatic lillies. Hoping to get the last 2' of weeds / roots dug out tomorrow, then replant the iris / A. lillies. I coulda had it done today if I hadn't had to quit to get ready for work.

Got the entire border fence lines sprayed w/ weedkiller yesterday. 1/2 mi. on ea. side, then 1/16' of a mile across the back. I'll start on the 'trails' in a week or so.

We haven't had ANY rain in over 2 wks. None. So I'm spending a good 2 hrs in the morning and 1 hr at night watering everything.

Just heard a god-awful racket coming from the barn, ran down w/ a flashlight and a fox (probably, maybe a 'yote but I haven't heard any, and you usually hear those if they're close) got our ONLY cochin hen, who's been broody so not roosting at night. Grrrrrr. Piles of feathers everywhere.

:hit

My DD has asked to come home for the summer. Seems her GF has signed up to be a camp counselor and dd will be alone in KY and doesn't want to be.
Trying to figure out how I can get her here....w/ bottle babies and 2x a day milking, I can't really leave to make the 16 hr drive.

*heavy sigh*

RPC

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Kim if i knew how to take care of the milk I would house sit for you so you could go get her but I am not sure how to do all that. I think I would be fine milking but that's as far as I could go with it. Plus I can feed babies now so I am good there. Just let me know if there is anything I can do and I will try to make it work.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hubby is going to kill me.........

When does she need to be picked up? Perhaps we can get her as far as our place. Then it would only be a 3 hour drive. You can aviod going through Cincinnati by going around on the 275 loop.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
The bus is an 18 hr trip one way, and she wouldn't be able to bring most of her stuff w/ her....she'd be lost w/out her guitar.

Just between us and the fence posts, I think her GF is trying to get rid of her and is using this as a 1st step....who signs up to leave for the summer and ditch their live in w/ no car? And why couldn't she bring her? The excuse is her car's on it's last legs. I'm trying to keep my mouth shut to keep from stressing her (dd) any more than she already is...she's depressed and scared.

I'm trying to see if Tater (DH's BFF) can go get her in my jeep next weekend....he's off weekends and by golly if he does this I'll be a bit more tolerant about him being here every.single.weekend. for a year.

Jodie, if he can't do it and you could work out getting her to your place (or even if she takes a bus to your place) that would be a lot easier....THANK YOU!

Roger, thanks for the offer....If it turns out I need you to do something, I'll let you know....

*group hug*

eta, cochin hen is fine, dunno how she got away or where she hid, but she's back on her empty nest this morning, missing only a few feathers....wierd~