Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have had to change my routine due to the temperature. I pretty much do everything that I can in the morning because this old dude isn't going to do much in the afternoon other than take fresh water out and dump the hot water out in the troughs. I took the chain saw out this afternoon thinking I could make some quick work out of one of the trees that came down last week. I hadn't even started and I was already soaked so said to myself, "this ain't going to get done today." Temps are supposed to get back down to the high 80's starting Monday so that stuff will all get done then. I have been feeding Maisy and Mel a little more in the mornings since they won't eat when it's 100 degrees outside.

My step Daughter from my previous marriage is going to be here Sunday for a quick visit and I am really looking forward to that. Her Mom did her best to convince her how mean and evil I was before we got divorced but thankfully, she never bought into that. :)
She was always my girl and she still is.

Last edited:

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Trying to work outside in this heat is a good way to wind up with a heat stroke. Glad you are playing it smart. It can wait until it cools off.
Enjoy your visit with your daughter.
We knocked off at 10:30 this morning. It was just too blamed HOT!!

Besides that . . . I’m starting to get discouraged . . . We have an armadillo that has taken up residence under our back steps. It keeps getting into the garden at night and is digging in our sweet potatoes. It also seems to be eating my okra seedlings. I had about 12 of them coming up and now I only have four. :mad: :hit

We put up double fencing, but it is digging under the fence that we put around the base of the porch! We are planning to put down 12” patio blocks and dig a trench, so we can put sheet metal in the dirt, so hopefully it can’t dig under the fencing anymore. :duc

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We made our run into Brentwood (south of Nashville to hit several stores including COSTCO. Like always, it pretty much shots the majority of the day but since we only go once a month (or less) we still enjoy it. It doesn't take all that long to remind me how much I DO NOT miss the traffic back in Charleston, SC. The population in all of the newer Nashville suburbs has grown so much and at higher costs, that the suburbs are fairly quickly moving down toward us. So much of the auto industry has moved to Columbia (25 miles from us) that the population has almost doubled there since we bought our place seven years ago.

Last edited: